Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 People wanting to be around you more?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guardian4981

USA
12 Posts

Posted - May 17 2014 :  6:13:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I notice that as I continue to meditate daily, it seems that people just seem to want to be around me more. In some ways I guess its a good thing. But by nature I am an introvert, when more people want to be around me I can sometimes feel overwhelmed. Although I occasionally like to go out and have a good time along with spending time with close friends, on a day to day basis I prefer alot of solitude.

Has anyone else experienced this? Why is it happening? Often when people seem to want to be around me more I don't know what to do, many of these people are not people I would traditionally associate with.

compassion

87 Posts

Posted - May 19 2014 :  01:35:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Guardian,

I would suggest that the practise of meditation has shown that you are able and willing to remain conscious of your experiences and emotions, and as such you are inviting some old issues into your life for resolution.

If you have felt overwhelmed in the company of other people previously, the tendency has probably been to withdraw and to identify yourself as an introvert. My guess is that you are provided with opportunities now to explore some of the feelings that come up in the company of other people, and probably will notice that these feelings aren't as overwhelming as you had believed previously.

Making the decision to watch emotions, instead of avoiding them, can be a powerful force on the journey of self discovery. Good luck :)
Go to Top of Page

twinkletoes

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - May 22 2014 :  04:41:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Guardian,

This is not unusual, particularly in the early days of meditation. Whether your conscious of it or not, the vibe you project to the world is changing, so people start reacting to you differently, resonating to something attractive in you that they are possibly not even consciously aware of. They probably find you intuitatively refreshing compared to the more run of the mill human zoo. It's a good thing. Appreciate it for what it is. With time you may not notice it so much.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000