Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 The Past and Current Emotions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 12 2014 :  09:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Everyone,

I've noticed a pattern which I'm finding a little disturbing. In November, a young relative died in a violent way. There have been lots of emotions: sorrow, shame, guilt, blame, etc. In the past few months, I've seen my mind searching and attaching this incident to current upsets.

I've only seen the pattern the whole way through once. Once during and once after. I'm not sure how often it happens. This is not the way I want to remember my relative! It doesn't feel right, but I keep doing it.

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - May 13 2014 :  07:07:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow,

I know that I personally have a bit of an addiction to patterns. They will pass. Let them pass. Maybe you can offer gratitude in prayer and samyama?

Love
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 13 2014 :  4:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Anima. You are always so kind to reply to my posts.

I'm currently reading The Work again. I'm going through a sensitive phase, but I'm hoping a few minutes of light inquiry won't hurt me.

I guess I thought patterns would stop once they were seen, but I keep falling back asleep and doing the same thing.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - May 13 2014 :  8:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm right there with you, lalow.

Let's keep the faith.

Lots of love
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 13 2014 :  8:53:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I lost a relative recently too (she also died violently). Though I can't prove it, I know I have not really "lost" her. She's just gone from the physical form, but she's still here, somehow, in the Eternal Presence. While it may not be the same as her physical manifestation, it's the everlasting knowingness that prevails, so I cannot discount that.

Emotions, for me, are like colors. Colors of the palette--each with their distinct and meaningful role, depending on how they're blended. Shame, guilt, anger, blame...these are more of the raw, red, blackish variety. They have their place, and like all of my being, they are moving towards refinement, so I don't have to fight them. I just have to let them flow in a way that is advantageous to me and everyone around me. That is all.

I'm resigned to being human, for now. Maybe I'll become a little more superhuman, with time. I can take that trip. Not that it's even much of a choice--it's already happening. I guess the choosing is in what flavor of trip I want to have. Not too bad.

Your faith will make you whole, lalow33.

Peace. Unity. Wisdom.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 14 2014 :  09:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both for your kindness and sharing.
Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - May 15 2014 :  2:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.dhammasukha.org/forgiven...itation.html
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - May 16 2014 :  1:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi lalow, try to look into the emotions until they dissolve.

For this I also like the tonglen practice applied to yourself. Bring the emotions to the light of your heart with the inhale, dissolve them there, and exhale extending the light through your body.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000