Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Mantak Chia Chunyi lin(spring forest chi gong)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2006 :  6:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone had any experience with either of the methods taught by these 2 teachers.

I have used the Spring forest lessons and found them usefull

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2006 :  6:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Snake,
I haven't tried the techniques but you may be interested to know that Mantak Chia is in London in November.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2006 :  7:31:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What did it do for you, Chris?
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2006 :  11:04:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I studied with Master Chia for a few years back in the late 80's. He is a good teacher. Knowledgable and clear with a loving heart. Haven't see him in years so I do not know how life has treated him and what state he is in now.

His wife Maneewhan (sp?) was special I thought.

Not sure about these practices but I can recommend him:-)

Babaly
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  04:02:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thankyou for your replys.

Scott,I found the practice helped heal a stomach problem I had and I also found the practice very centreing and energising.

Ripitz, I may look him up in Nov .thanks
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  04:03:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Babaly,did you do the small universe practice with Chia?
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  11:29:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like a good system! Where can I learn more about it?
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  11:46:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.springforestqigong.com/
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  2:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It sounds enticing but I've spent so much on things before, having them turn out to be useless. Besides, I already have somewhat of a Qi Gong type program. It's called Intu-Flow, and you can find it on www.rmaxi.com . Even that costs 100 bucks. So much of an investment for something you don't get a preview of.

But of course if people gave previews, they'd get ripped off by people who just want everything for free.

I would like to know of a superior energy program, though. It should make you feel perfect, and heal all your diseases or unhealthy attributes. I've actually been experimenting with that, but I haven't had any luck yet coming up with a conclusive program. I'd also like it to only be like a five minute practice that you do multiple times in the day (that seems to have a better effect with these types of things). Five minutes because a lot of them take 20 minutes to an hour, and that's just boring.

Anyway, I'm looking at this: http://www.springforestqigong.com/e...t=250&page=1 It's reasonably priced, and seems to be everything a person would need as a beginner. If you have another suggestion, please let me know.
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  3:28:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott,
yes the DVD would be enough rather than purchase the whole course,the xtra cd's just expound and explain things deeper but the actual practice is the meat of it.

Also if I may suggest "The Way of Energy "
http://www.chi-kung.org/chikung-e/index.htm

the video would be enough but the book is a great addition.I found this practice very good also.
oh by the way,my wife was getting hallucinations and suffering extreme anxiety,to the point where i was really concerned as it was so untypical. anyway she found that the spring forest dvd really helped,honestly within 3 days she is 50% improved,it really suprised me how well she responded,it has given her a strength that she had lost
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2006 :  6:28:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,
have you downloaded the free Falun Gong excercises? google for it.Very powerful chi gung .
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2006 :  9:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have checked that out, but haven't tried it yet. Thanks Dave.
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2006 :  10:16:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Snake,

No, I didn't do "small universe" at least I don't remember a practice called that... I did the "healing sounds", the "sexual cultivation", "microcosmic orbit" and some of the more advanced movement of chi within meditation and last but not least "tai chi" and "sword".

Tell me about what you are learning.. are you studying with Mantak Chia?

Babaly

Edited by - Babaly on Aug 17 2006 10:18:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  4:25:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Small universe is what I meant as microcosmic orbit(essentially circulating life force( kundalini?) up the spine and over the head and down the front channel.

Did you experience this when doing it?

I have Chia's book awakening the healing tao,which I like very much
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  10:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Snake,

Yes, I experienced the Microcosmic orbit while doing it... that was back in 1988...though my kundalini wasn't fully awakened until 1999. Since then my experiences are much stronger (actually on a totally different level entirely)... though I do not practice Microcosmic Orbit anymore as I prefer Spinal breathing.

Personally, I am going the way of not having a "physical" guru. I am very grateful to Yogani's teaching and guidance as I am focusing on my inner Guru to guide me on my path to inner liberation.

Good luck on your journey,

Babaly
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2006 :  09:45:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thankyou Babaly,I wish you luck and joy on your journey also
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  12:47:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott, Ripitz,

Did you do the falun gong movements for any considerable length of time? What sort of an effect do they have on you? How does it compare with what we do here at AYP?
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  11:50:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sadhak,
No , I didn't do the Falun Gong for any considerable time.Chi Gung energy work is different to AYP type work as the energy moves differently and Chi Gung tends to focus more on the healing side rather than spiritual side.Some of the Falun Gong exercises tend to beam the energy to yourself.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  5:05:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dave,

What do you mean when you say it beams the energy to yourself?
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  5:24:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,
Well it's like when one gets healing or gives healing without touching. You hold your hands above the person and the energy travels to them through the airwaves.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000