Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 siddha yoga
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2006 :  7:57:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The perfect yoga, Siddha Yoga, is also called Maha Yoga (great yoga) because it encompasses all other yogas.

Just as a seed contains the whole tree in potential form, Kundalini contains all the different forms of yoga, and when She is awakened through the grace of the Guru, She makes all yogas take place within you spontaneously. The process which begins when you receive Shaktipat is called Siddha Yoga, the perfect yoga, or Maha Yoga, the great yoga. The path of Siddha yoga is the path which has been trodden by the greatest saints.
Siddha yoga is called Maha yoga because it encompasses all other yogas. There are many kinds of yogas: Hatha Yoga, the practice of physical exercises; Bhakti Yoga, the path of love; Raja Yoga, which is attained through mediation; Mantra Yoga; Laya Yoga; Jnana Yoga and many others. When Kundalini is awakened, all these yogas take place automatically. You don't have to make any effort to practice them; they come to you on their own.

When the awakened Kundalini rises through the central channel, She pierces the six chakras, or spiritual centers, the three knots (Brahmagranthi, Vishnugranthi and Rudragranthi) and finally brings about the samadhi state, the state of equality awareness, establishing the disciple permanently in the topmost spiritual center, the sahasrara, where he becomes one with Lord Shiva. This manifestation of the Kundalini corresponds to Raja Yoga and culminates in the ultimate realisation of God within oneself. In this way, Siddha Yoga is very easy, very natural. There are many paths through which you attain the final goal with great effort and difficulty, but in Siddha Yoga you attain it very naturally and spontaneously. The samadhi that follows Kundalini awakening is not the kind of samadhi which makes you inert. It is conscious samadhi; it makes you more alert, more aware. This state has been called in the Shivasutras: lokananda samadhi sukham - 'The bliss of the world is the ecstasy of samadhi.' In this state, one recognises the presence of God in everything. The whole purpose of Kundalini awakening is to attain this natural samadhi while continuing to function in the world.
Swami Muktananda

'the mind can see further than the eyes'

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  9:13:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Goodday,

Thankyou for this post this is what occured to me..... partially that is......

And it is indeed true
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2006 :  09:04:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nsantoo,
Yes I have found that things such as samyama and yoga nidra are natural occurences with Kundalini Maha Yoga and do not need to be practiced.In fact I have difficulty not falling into Yoga Nidra almost every time I meditate.Sometimes I have been 'zonked' for up to 2 hrs at a time before I come round! hehehhe
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2006 :  05:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As I understand it, samadhi means the complete stilling of the body and mind for a period of time. That means no breathing, no heart beat, no thoughts. And after this state, one truly recognises the presence of God in everything.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2006 :  10:18:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dave, thanks for the post. I have a suggestion that you make it clear that it is a quote from the beginning. I was reading it for quite a while thinking it was written by you.

My choice for a quote is to offset it with a color. The only ones that look decent here currently are purple, green and blue.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Oct 06 2006 10:19:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2006 :  12:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi David,
Thanks for the compliment. heheheh Sure I'll highlight it next time, I would hate to think you were fooled. hehehe
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2006 :  5:42:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I would hate to think you were fooled.

And I'd wonder what Swami Muktananda would think. hehehehe.

( BTW, you can re-edit your own post(s) within a week if you want to. )

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000