AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Ancient Dance during jaap?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  10:44:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Goodday,

Can anyone explain the significance of specific dance routines during jaap?

I seem to dancing gracefully.........it is really nice.my hands make some cool formations just as I observe with the yogic postures........

Is this another form of purification?

I would really love to hear your opinions.......cause I feel kinda awkward when this is occuring especially in front of others but I enjoy it at home....

Seetaram

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  12:11:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
These are forms of kriya.When the shakti or energy moves around the body and meets an obstruction the body is moved into positions to allow free passage for the energy.Imagine a hosepipe curled up and the water turned on.The hose will move around as the water tries to find a way through.It is not unusual for body movements while meditating, japa or spinal breathing.I also get pressure in the neck,head involuntary neck rolling.Also the chin pump can be automatic when meditating as the head forward allows free access for the energy.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  12:58:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by riptiz

Hi,
These are forms of kriya.When the shakti or energy moves around the body and meets an obstruction the body is moved into positions to allow free passage for the energy.L&L
Dave

Hi thanks......alot I needed to know really fast, cause I have spiritual classes this afternoon.......
but I don't experience any pressure ,its voluntary but yes I believe it allows the energy to flow.....but the postures I checked it out and it's actually ancient dance.....is it a coincidence? or is this a way the ancients relieved blockages???

Again thanks alot
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  1:27:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nsantoo:

I concur with Dave. It is energy moving with inner purification, which can produce movements of various kinds -- mudras, bandhas, dancing, jerking motions, hopping on the meditation/samyama seat, etc. In AYP we favor the practice we are doing over these energy surges, combined with self-pacing in practices (in bhakti too) as necessary to regulate the underlying cause for good progress with comfort and safety. There is much more in the lessons on this. See "Automatic Yoga (and movements)" in the topic index -- http://www.aypsite.org/TopicIndex.html

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000