Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 One Hundred Percent for God
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  9:46:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Recently and many times before I have read from various people that one must be 100% committed to God in order for God to come to us as It is.

My question is: How do I do this? How do I commit myself 100% to God? How do I surrender all of myself and hold nothing back?

Thank you.

bipinjoshi

India
30 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  03:58:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit bipinjoshi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Though I do not have direct answer one can offer all the work to Him. Try seeing Him in everybody and everywhere. Even commitment to your practice is important. Reducing ego is important too. Following true Karma Yoga will be a great step forward. Of course it is difficult but we all can try.

Edited by - bipinjoshi on Aug 11 2006 06:04:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  08:02:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
People like to personalize the mind and make it into a choice of some sort. I think it is easy to look at it as a movement. But how does one move into that perspective? Well, its easier than making the choice. But looking at it as a movement or tuning into a certain direction, you just let go and let the mind do what it naturally does.

Let go and let god, die before you die, surrender.

What's the difference between surrender and acceptance? This is a question that just became very interesting to me.

Acceptance seems to be the 'throwing of some ideal', or removing one from having power over the mind. But it is not less an act of mind. But some how in this act of mind, which you are interested in, there is something that is given back. When you surrender what you will or will not accept the mind ceases to belong to you. Then 'you' don't have do anything to be commited to god. You are just become a part of the greater momentum.
Go to Top of Page

satyan

34 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  08:23:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit satyan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Hunter
My question is: How do I do this? How do I commit myself 100% to God? How do I surrender all of myself and hold nothing back?

hi Hunter,

I think this will be of help to you. This really happened in the life of a direct disciple of Sri Ramakrishna, sorry i forgot his name. This disciple was one of the great dramatist at that time.

He loved Sri Ramakrishna with his whole heart. Once he said to Ramakrishna that he is very lazy and cannot practice any sadhana, not even japa. For this Ramakrishna replied, "give yourself to me, i will take care of you". He asked how should i do it. Ramakrishna replied, "after every work just inform me, make me aware of it, and surrender the results of that action to me". The disciple thought that this was easy and so he agreed. Years passed, after the Mahasamadhi of Ramakrishna also he continued the practice as if he was alive. There came point of time in his life where even every breath he inhaled and exhaled was also surrendered to him and later he became one of the great disciples of Sri Ramakrishna Order.

Just try this, assume a relation with God, Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Friend, Lover, or whatever it may be. Try to build that relationship with your whole heart. You will slowly progress in your goal of surrending totally to Him, but the main thing is your base of bhakthi in that relationship should be very very strong.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  10:20:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Bipinjoshi, Kyman, Satyan,
You saints, thank you for your wonderful advice. It has helped me immediately and has reinforced what I have been practicing.

quote:
Just try this, assume a relation with God, Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Friend, Lover, or whatever it may be. Try to build that relationship with your whole heart. You will slowly progress in your goal of surrending totally to Him, but the main thing is your base of bhakthi in that relationship should be very very strong.
This advice is so close to my heart. I am in bliss to read it.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  7:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There was so much I wanted to tell you Hunter, but could not find the right words.. Thanks all for such beautiful replies... they helped me a lot too...

This was in my mail box today
Thought maybe you'd like it..

"Developing such deep, dynamic inner whispers is sure to bring a
response from God. Constantly, unceasingly, whisper to Him of your
eternal love, of your burning desire to commune with Him.
Of greatest help in your development is the habit of mental
whispering to God. You will see a change in yourself that you will
like very much. No matter what you do, God should be constantly in
your mind.Transmute petty desires into one great desire for Him.
Your mind should continually whisper, `Night and day, night and day,
I look for Thee night and day.'"
(Paramahansa Yogananda, `God First, a Retreatant's Pocket Companion)

Edited by - Shanti on Aug 14 2006 8:38:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2006 :  12:10:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shweta,

You must be the messenger named Cupid. With this passage, your burning arrow aimed true for my heart and sparked the fire of love for God in the deepest region of my soul. O my hair is standing on end. Ecstasy, love, bliss...laughter...
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2006 :  09:48:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
God is the joy of fearlessness, and when we surrender our mind and body it falls back into the clockwork of eternity. We become a hand circling the face of innocence.

I've had many fantasies lately of getting rid of all my stuff, my life, my personal dreams. How amazing it would be to surrender one's self to a greater cause. You always know what you are doing, and in the doing you cannot lose.

No fear, just god.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000