Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Different
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  3:46:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Meditation has reduced my anger and depression but it seems to have made me more suspect to sadness and tears. I'm in between one spot and another spot not sure where the next spot is I'm going? Not good, not bad just????????? I probably shouldn't even write this. I know the world is a veneer and all people put on masks but there are many times I believe the masks? Oh well.

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  6:54:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Firstly, I'm not wearing a mask ok? I'm writing from the bottom of my heart to you. We all face sadness and other bad stuff at some point in our lives. Deep meditation purifies our gross layers of rooted unresolved feelings and thoughts. As it purifies one layer then another might come up and some deep rooted unresolved thing may come to surface. Maybe this explains the sadness and tears as you cleaned the layer related to depression and anger. Just like depression and anger is going away the sadness and tears might too. The best advice I could give you is to look for things to balance these feelings. Look for the opposite thing. For sadness you can look for singing, dancing and arts.

Bliss,

Rod

quote:
Originally posted by lmaher22

Meditation has reduced my anger and depression but it seems to have made me more suspect to sadness and tears. I'm in between one spot and another spot not sure where the next spot is I'm going? Not good, not bad just????????? I probably shouldn't even write this. I know the world is a veneer and all people put on masks but there are many times I believe the masks? Oh well.

Edited by - digofarias on Mar 22 2014 7:02:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  8:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the advice. An totally open, caring, person without a worldly identity? Man, I really envy you. Thanks again. I knew I shouldn't have written anything!
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  03:51:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi, you can see human beings as onions: they have many layers. One layer may be related to depression, another one to sadness and tears - which is not the same.

Masks: we all wear a mask to some extent when we interact with other people. So this is not a problem but simply a fact one has to be aware of.
Go to Top of Page

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  08:09:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you meant "personal identity" by mask then I do have a mask and I believe all people do otherwise they weren't able to function in this world. However, in my post I was as much authentic as I could be so there was no personal bias or interest to make you believe in something I do. If someone else's advice is more helpful then I strongly wish you stick to that. I just felt like sharing some piece of information so you can try for yourself to see if that works for you.

quote:

Thanks for the advice. An totally open, caring, person without a worldly identity? Man, I really envy you. Thanks again. I knew I shouldn't have written anything!

Edited by - digofarias on Mar 23 2014 10:52:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  12:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you and forgive me. I didn't start meditating for any reason other than trying to stop finding a way to end it all and probably take a few people with me. Right now a women I loved beyond the beyond, my Aunt, has passed and a bunch of rich scumbags I left behind years ago wanted their input as to how to 'handle' it. I barely left without going to jail and I'm trying very hard not to go back there. So, please! I have taken my two shovels out of the garage. But revenge hurts the unintended innocent also. So please, once again.
Bless you all.
L
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  6:05:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi lmaher22,

I suggest you read The Sedona Method, Love what is (by Byron Katie) or The Presence Process (by Michael Brown).They explain very well how to deal with the emotions that come to us.

Reading the life of saints, i.e. Swami Ramdass' In Quest of God, helps too. He shows extreme humility, gratefulness and kindness in the most adverse environments.

The film "Nosso lar" (Our home) is very inspiring too.

May Love, Peace and Light be with you

Edited by - Will Power on Mar 23 2014 6:07:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2014 :  08:26:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Larry,
Hang in there my dear... the "???????" is just a phase, a phase we all go through ... it is a very uncomfortable feeling (that is because an inner shift is happening and the mind has not grasped it as yet), and the sooner we just ease into it and not fight it with our minds trying to explain it... the sooner we relax into the opening.

The mask we see on others... if we see it, it truly is a mask (or some aspects of that mask) we have in us... else we wont see it. People are doing the best that can with what and how they know... our job is to take what they bring up in us and see why we are reacting to it (it is pointing to our blocks, our karma, our patterns, and our job is not to fix anyone else's karma, but work on our own patterns... heal ourselves and let the healing flow into the world), what in us gets rubbed the wrong way by their actions... once we see this we can accept it and let it go... the hardest part is to "see" what it brings up in us.

This too shall pass my dear. Don't get disheartened ... it is not a substitution of anger and depression with sadness and tears... it is just deeper layers of "us" that are coming to the surface and leaving... better to watch them and let them go ... rather than analyze them with the mind and add more layers... If self inquiry flows go with it ... Else go though the phase knowing this is not me (dropping it into inner silence/giving it to our Ishta) and this too shall pass.

PS:I hope you don't mind... but I would like to share a painting of the Mask of Maya that I did recently... http://the-journey-inward.blogspot....02/maya.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000