Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Please explain this, it's normal?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rinaldo

Italy
47 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  2:48:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
During DM i get sometimes a growing contraction in the perineum, i think of prostate, without usually external erection.
When this happen i start feeling like all my body is starting to contract, and i am loosing control over it. The firt time my heart started pulsing so fast i tought i was going to die.

I decided that time and when this happened again to stop the practice and find answers. But i could not find anything.
Anyone experienced it? I read the heart racing could be the energetic one, but when that happened again i did put my hand on chest and sure was my physical one!

Thank you.

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  3:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rinaldo, I experienced EXACTLY the same things in the first weeks after beginning AYP! This scared me too, and just like you I looked for advice and help in this forum. Many community members recommended to add spinal breathing pranayama, and that was a useful advice since after only some days this scary energy and heart beating faded and DM became smooth and pleasant.
Go to Top of Page

Rinaldo

Italy
47 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  4:15:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank Ecdyonurus, can i ask where you feel the mantra?
I was already using Spinal Breathing, and is strange to say it, but i tought i was getting a very powerful whole body orgasm!
For me is very hard to just focus on mantra without feeling my body, i think i am a kinestethic personality. So the mantra is more like a whole body pulse and a mind-sound all togheter, not very relaxing.
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  5:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would not say that I feel the mantra in any specific space.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  10:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Rinaldo

A few months ago I went through a period where my meditations quickly "ramped up" with energy surges, increased heart rate, and erratic breath, as if I were approaching orgasm without release. It was very distracting and often I would end the meditation early. The following week I underwent two major purifications, one where I wept uncontrollably and another where I felt I turned to stone. Since then, my "sits" are calmer and deeper.

I'm not saying this will happen to you; we all have different journeys to undergo. I would recommend to keep up your practice and see where it leads, unless of course, you are being harmed from the effects.
Go to Top of Page

Rinaldo

Italy
47 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2014 :  01:55:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Dogboy, it was like you described, approaching orgasm without release and yes that week i wept a few times and i was also much more "emotional" but i never tought there could be a connection.
This explain a lot, thank you again.
Btw all this happened 4 months ago, since then i never practiced Ayp again, only body scan and breath meditation,
i'll slowly transition again now:)

Edited by - Rinaldo on Mar 24 2014 02:04:03 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000