Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Stomach Knot, Constant Hunger?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  1:43:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've broken through pretty deep within the last few months. Lot's of detachment, bliss, very deep Beingness, detachment from mind & I-Construct, and really deep dropping/surrender downwards.

So anyhow, now there is strange tight knot in my stomach. I've had this before 10 years ago when I first awakened via Mystical Grace, and it lasted for 2 months. Well, NOW IT'S BACK!!!!

So its just a tight feeling knot that's there and it gives me this physical urge of hunger, constantly always there is like this insatiable hunger. No matter how much I eat, and I've tried stuffing myself just to experiment what would happen with the knot, well regardless I'll feel full for an hour or so and then the hunger returns.

It feels like this perhaps has something to do with the Lower Dan Tian, or perhaps a chakra of some sort that maybe I have to unlock and open.

Wondering if anyone has experienced this????

PersonX

India
17 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  2:56:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit PersonX's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello beetsmyth,
What you describe seems VERY similar to what I had experienced once. Almost identical.

Well, now I know the reason behind this and the way to correct this too. :)
First of all, let us understand the reason of this constant hunger :
Your body has two autonomous nervous systems, the Sympathetic Nervous System [SNS] & the Para-Sympathetic Nervous System [PNS].
When SNS is active, blood supply is mainly directed to the limbs for working under stressful conditions.
When PNS is active, blood supply is mainly directed to the digestive and reproductive system bringing the body to the rest and digest state.

In today's lifestyle, almost everything we do is a trigger of the SNS so when we eat something, it is usually digested very slowly due to limited supply of blood to the digestive system or it can be digested fast if we simply sit down /lie down and relax for a while.

What you are experiencing is the override of the PNS system. Currently, your PNS is too dominant as opposed to the usual SNS dominance which is making your blood supply more directed towards the digestive system and digesting food faster than you are used to / comfortable with.

Staying in the PNS [or even SNS] for too long can cause quite a bit of trouble.

Proper regulation between the SNS and PNS modes is the key to a healthy body and mind.

What probably caused this PNS dominance :
I'm sure this is not the only way to make the PNS override the system but this is what I did.
I once performed the bandhas in a very careless manner which resulted in Prana being locked in the body in a very wrong way. This made me experience the 'Stomach Knot' & 'Constant Hunger' you talk about for atleast 3 days which is when I realized the way to overcome this problem.

How to correct this :
Exercise. Yes, any kind of cardio exercise will be helpful. You could simply go to your nearest park and walk around its outline again and again until you start sweating. [Do it gradually if its too painful. Sweat a little the first day, sweat a little more the next and so on.] Walk round and round for at least 2-3km.

While walking, make sure you put your chest out up-&-above on the front side and pull the hips up on the back side and leave the muscles in the stomach area with as much less strain and possible. While walking, many times you'll notice you've started putting stress on the stomach area too, simply remove that force from the area again and continue walking. [Also, if you're having trouble with breathing properly then probably your concentration is bad too i.e. the only thing you're able to concentrate on is your breathing. If this is the case the simply look forward with the shoulder and neck muscles loose. Look at anything and everything that is in the area your eyes can capture while the neck & shoulder muscles are loose. It will help.]

- Px
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  3:02:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have any experience with this. Do you feel like you need the extra calories? Or would you gain weight by satisfying this hunger?

I don't really get hungry much anymore but my body has an insatiable appetite for calories. My metabolism is higher than its ever been, and its always been extremely high.

If I'm not careful, I'll drop below a healthy weight within a week. I'm currently stuffing myself at every opportunity just to keep up.

Im starting to see a conflation between all my appetites, hunger, thirst, sex, emotional needs, etc. Second time I've used that word today haha!

Maybe its something for self inquiry?
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  3:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
In my case I found it to be located a bit higher than the stomach, and when concentrating I saw exactly that I was not hungry, but that it came from solar plexus. And I would be 'hungry' even when bloated.
It came from not dealing with emotions, if it is of any resemblence with your case it might be helpful to see if there is some movement on your psyche, if you are centered or not.
Go to Top of Page

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  4:01:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Px,
Awesome reply....getting ready to go for a walk as we speak & give all this a try.

Recently there has just been a ton of energy downloading into me, chi (cold) as well as some kundalini (hot), all very subtle, but very energetic. Not sure which one caused the knot....

I had the intuition I should concentrate, breath into it, and kind of open it up. What's your take on that?

Really appreciate the reply.

Much Love

To the other replies.....I've just been reaching new depths within. Lots of Beingness kind of in a sense where its the ground of being and nothing can touch me there....yet Im not even there myself in a sense. The heart is opening w sensitivity, soreness, happiness/love, and I am observant and loving with whatever arises as a sprng cleaning process....so not to sure if its anything to do with ignoring emotions/psyche.

Really just been having an unflux of energy into Awareness, crown very active, sometimes impossible to fall asleep for 2 hours at night, and feels like the body is changing to take more of all this in if that makes sense

Edited by - beetsmyth on Mar 20 2014 4:24:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

PersonX

India
17 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  2:39:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit PersonX's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello beetsmyth,
I'm happy you appreciate the help. I'll be more happy if it actually helped you decrease your trouble. :)

And my friend, DO NOT 'open up' the knot. It may cause you more trouble. If you do so, you'll probably end up with something broken in the physical as well as the subtle body. [There is some story about a guy who did this and ended up waiting for six months to allow the bodies to get back to normal. Some taoist I think.]
See, thoughts [free will (the real you / the spirit)] controls the energy body and the energy body controls the physical body.

Right now, your energy body is overloaded by the energy that you are describing. [The most important thing in the entire yogic science is patience. Do anything and everything you want but with extreme patience. You MUST set a pace that you as well as your physical & subtle body are comfortable with.]

When you say you feel like the body is 'changing', you are quite correct. The physical body is trying to adjust to this sudden increase in energy. This may result in changes in the neurological system and these changes may not be preferable if the energy is not distributed and directed properly.

Right now, what you want to do is to use up this extra energy in order to bring a balance in the physical and subtle body. Thus, walking for long distances or round & round in a small area will be helpful. It worked like a charm for me.

One more thing, try walking once with not so much food in the stomach and then next time try walking with a full stomach. You'll find out which one makes you feel better. And in both cases, leave the muscles in the stomach area loose. DO NOT exert any pressure on them.

Hope to hear from you soon. :)

- Px
Go to Top of Page

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  02:55:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Px,
your methods worked out great!!! Knot was gone the next day!!!!

Really appreciate the time and compassion for sharing this.

What is your take on methods to prepare the body better for an influx of bliss & divine energies?

Is there anyway to sort of prepare or open things up in a way to handle more?
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2014 :  5:18:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have similar experience to tonightthenight as my metabolism is fast and i keep on eating. metabolism is unusually high so i need to keep on eating solid food as it makes lot of Soma/Amrita as well. looks like very similar experience to tonightsthenight.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2014 :  03:25:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I don't really get hungry much anymore but my body has an insatiable appetite for calories. My metabolism is higher than its ever been, and its always been extremely high.

If I'm not careful, I'll drop below a healthy weight within a week. I'm currently stuffing myself at every opportunity just to keep up.

Hello TNT
Same over here
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2014 :  10:59:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
TNT

One question i have for you is what kind of diet you are eating as my case is very similar to your with respect to the metabolism. Also my stomach has become sensitive to the food as i am eating mostly Pitta pacifying foods. sometime it gives me acidity and heating sensation as well. It is generating lot of Soma/Amrita as well. My metabolism is fast as well. I don't feel too hungry but there is always urge to eat more calories similar to yours. Also how can we cool down manipuri little bit as well.
Your insight will be appreciated.

thanks

PKJ
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000