Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Siddhi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bipinjoshi

India
30 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  03:30:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit bipinjoshi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Friends,
I am sure you all must have had a discussion on this topic and I do not intend to stretch that further

I just posted something about classification of Siddhis and my viewes on my blog.

Siddhis
=======
We live in the modern world that is backed by science and technology. Since childhood we all are taught to test or look for some proof about various things in our life. For doing so we apply various ways ranging from experience to laboratory tests. We tend to believe the things that are tested by modern science and tend to reject the things which are not proved or discovered by the science. Indian Yogis possessed many psychic or spiritual powers which are called as Siddhis. In the modern world many people discard the concept of Siddhis because modern science has not proved their existence. Doing so is a sign of narrow mindedness as per my opinion.

You can read the complete post at http://www.bipinjoshi.com/displayth...2&forumid=13

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  12:31:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't say narrow mindedness. It doesn't really harm anyone by people not believing, and it wouldn't benefit people much if they did believe.

I think that science has come to a fork in the road, where traditional science will continue as it always has, worshipping the scientific method. That portion of science will never accept certain paranormal phenomena due to lack of repeatable results under controlled conditions.
But the other half of science is embarking on an exciting path where science and spirituality meet, and this can be seen in AYP practices, subatomic physics, and the like, where science meets God, and results ARE repeatable by individuals, but not under controlled conditions, or due to the Heisenberg principle in particle physics, controlled conditions are not possible.
It's an exciting time!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000