Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 The Monk and the Fish
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  12:16:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The following link leads to a six minute animated film which I feel relates beautifully to the spiritual path. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uk2tJhdTTw

Nicole

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  4:55:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nicole's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very enjoyable! Thank you so much for sharing :)

Seems like the meaning behind it could be interpreted a few different ways, depending on your perception. I'm interested in hearing what others think.
I can definitely relate to the amount of bhakti the monk has!
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  07:56:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Trip well I'm sure there is more than one interpretation of this but here's mine.

The fish represents his ishta that something that always seems just out of reach he chases it and chases it but the harder he chases it the more it goes just out of reach. Then he just lets go joins the flow with it opens the door and just lets it in.

I think its beautiful a perfect example of the path we are all striving on
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  11:44:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nicole and Azaz,

I'm glad you enjoyed the film and agree that the interpretation lies in the eye of the beholder. My personal interpretation is pretty much spot on with the one Azaz gave.

Oh and I can also relate to the bhakti!

Brett
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000