Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Rising Sun-Burning Bhakti
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  10:13:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
"One must have childlike faith-and the intense yearning that a child feels to see its mother. That yearning is like the red sky in the east at dawn. After such a sky the sun must rise. Immediately after that yearning one sees God." (337-338) -Sri Ramakrishna

M. The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna. 1942. Trans. Swami Nikhilananda. 9th Ed. New York: Ramakrishna-Vivekananda Center, 2000.

Edited by - Shanti on Aug 11 2006 11:02:41 PM

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  10:33:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To any forum administrator,
I accidentally posted this topic in the wrong category, would you please help me and move the topic to the Illuminated quotes and scripture section? Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  11:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing this with us Hunter
It touched my heart.
It reminds me of a small piece I had read in a tiny book by Paramhansa Yogananda- "How You Can Talk With God"
"Though God hears all our prayers He does not always respond. Our situation is like that of a child who calls for his mother, but the mother does not think it necessary to come. She sends him a plaything to keep him quiet. But when the child refuses to be comforted by anything except the mother's presence, she comes. If you want to know God, you must be like that naughty baby who cries till the mother comes."

Edited by - Shanti on Aug 11 2006 11:11:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2006 :  12:36:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shweta,
I love your post and am so tickled to read that. Such advice goes straight to the core and is very much endearing.
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2006 :  8:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

thanks for this wonderful post hunter! shanthi's quote contributes to the fire of yearning!

wish to add another teaching of sri ramakrishna. when asked by his disciple to show god, he said, 'get a bucket of water, put your head in and do not come out till you have seen god.'

meaning, do not let go of our inner call no matter what the external till the divine appears! the single pointed focus of the mind to seek the absolute provides the the immense void space to house the absolute.

joys of the divine embrace!

aum
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000