AYPsite.org Forum
 Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Ken Wilber Quotes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LittleDragon

29 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2006 :  11:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit LittleDragon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The directions to finding God, which are printed on the box in which your heart came, are simple: relax the mind and body; with reverence and devotion, gaze into the Heart; feel the Love-Light radiance that permeates your entire body, your entire mind, and all of nature, and all nations everywhere.

Ken Wilber

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2006 :  04:38:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks LittleDragon
Really like this
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2006 :  10:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great quote, LittleDragon. Is this from the book you had mentioned in another thread?

Thank you for taking the time to post it.
Go to Top of Page

LittleDragon

29 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2006 :  11:35:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit LittleDragon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it is. There are many more great ones, in my opinion, as this is a collection of some of his best nonscientific writings. It includes many "pointing out" instructions that are meant to walk you into the Witness and One Taste (nondual). It hasn't got me nearly that far but he puts such passion into his words that opening the book at random nearly always lights my candle.

Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2006 :  12:54:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, I will definitely have to check that out. I've really only studied Wilber's philospohical works, and haven't given much attention to his works on the spiritual side. Thank you for opening my eyes to this.

I'm greatly looking forward to his next book, Integral Spirituality (out in October), which I feel is going to be a huge leap forward for spirituality as a whole. The work currently being done at the Integral Institute on this subject is fascinating, and I continue to track it closely as it develops.

I think it may be time for a Ken Wilber thread in the Gurus, Sages, and Higher Beings forum.
Go to Top of Page

LittleDragon

29 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  11:52:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit LittleDragon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Because the universe has direction, we ourselves have direction. There is meaning in the movement, intrinsic value in the embrace. As Emerson put it, we lie in the lap of immense intelligence, which by any other name is Spirit. There is a theme inscribed on the original face of the Kosmos. There is a pattern written on the wall of Nothingness. There is meaning in its every gesture, a grace in its every glance.

Ken Wilber

---------------------------------------------------

This one helps pull me through the times when everything seems futile, when my aversions to the present moment and place want to rule.

LD
Go to Top of Page

LittleDragon

29 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  8:11:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit LittleDragon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In the traditions, Spirit is found neither in Heaven nor in Earth, but it the Heart. The Heart has always been seen as the integration or the union point of Heaven and Earth, the point that Earth grounded Heaven and Heaven exalted the Earth. Neither Heaven nor Earth alone could capture Spirit; only the balance of the two found in the Heart could lead to the secret door beyond death and mortality and pain.

Ken Wilber
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000