Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Loving
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  06:28:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all

After 4 weeks in the mountains I'm back to enjoy this forum.

I wrote this up there....and thought I would share it with you:

LOVING

If I ask:
"How can I love?"
Then,
there cannot be
an answer

I, who ask,
can never love

The clever
can never know

But I
can be quiet
Outwardly quiet
Inwardly quiet

Here,
in this empty space

In this silence......I am......

Living
now
All answers
are forever
redundant

Being, I love
Loving, I am

Katrine 2006

Edited by - Anthem on Aug 06 2006 10:54:38 AM

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  5:30:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back Katrine
very impressed, but also a bit sad that I'm not in that space
Louis
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  05:25:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Louis

See - that's the thing. We keep forgetting. I forget too. In the forgetting (which always coincides with non-silence inside) I identify with my personality. And that person wants - as you put it -"to be in that space". That person thinks that is the ultimate.

i am only a container. How can a glass ever hope to be inside its own space? I am space. I am that. And as long as I "want to be in space" more than I want to simply be.....then i will keep separating myself from space. I will keep identifying with the glass then. The boarders.....the limits.

Another thing:
When I think of myself as a a personality (or a glass, if you like) - the truth of me is that I am empty. There is nothing inside of me. Most of my spiritual process has been about accepting this fact. I am empty. I am nothing. It is a painful and arduous realization; because it is preceeded by years of trying to fill this emptiness in different ways. I still do it. But less and less. I understand more of how my mind tricks me. The emptiness only feels lacking (painful) if I identify with the walls of the glass. Otherwise the emptiness is simply space. The same space that is outside the glass. No difference at all.

I remember when I write the poetry........because in inspiration i shut up. Afterwards I forget.
I remember several times a day - but I forget more often than not. But less often than before.

So.....
Simply be quiet.
Listen to your mind saying "I want to be in that space". That very sentence is in itself a clutter; a filler. (Don't change it - simply watch it)

The sadness, however, has shown me a lot. If I can manage to not comment on it, but simply be with it....then it slowly changes and reveals spaciousness. All emotions can be simply watched this way. When they die down - and if i shut up also - then spaciousness is there.

When I am not silent, I too want to be in space. No difference at all between you and me. When I am not silent it does me no good at all to remember that "I wrote that poetry". That is just a sentence; it is a filler. So.....none of the poetry is "mine". If I can't let go of it the very instant it is written - then there is no room for more. I have then filled space with myself. This brings sadness. (My heart knows....) If I can turn inwards and stay with the truth of that sadness, then I am emptied of it....and.....the silence reveals itself again.

It is always here.

...hm....
Anyway, Louis - I love talking to you.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  06:45:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So in this way.....
the glass already is in space. Or rather - it is of space. It just has to quit limiting the space to be "of itself" ("my own - my precious ") - to see it.

Edited by - Katrine on Aug 07 2006 07:02:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  11:21:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
very impressed, but also a bit sad that I'm not in that space
Louis

Hi Louis!

Good news, you are in "that space", you just think you are not. In fact, we all take turns spending a great deal of our lives thinking we are not a bunch of things. I.E. Not smart, not aware, not getting it now, etc. We spend all our time thinking about how we are not that we don't pause for long enough to see that we already are.

If you could drop the thought that you are not in that space for a long enough and a sustained enough period of time and be there in stillness and silence you will know it for yourself.

A
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  6:01:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Katrine
I love it when you talk like that, he he.

Thanks Anthem, getting in touch again.

Thank you both for giving me a bridge to thread on

Louis
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000