Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Mucus or phlegm, not sure the proper term but,...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

raminanda

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2014 :  2:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been interrupted in my meditation due to an accumulation of this stuff (not sure proper term) in my throat seemingly on my vocal cords during inhalation and exhalation. I would not say it is much at all. Just a little background on myself: I am not sick. I am very healthy and do light exercise a couple times a week. I use neti pot following instructions. I eat very little dairy in the form of maybe 1 cup of yogurt a day and perhaps a couple of very thin slices of cheese. (all organic/no gmo). How do I make this stuff go away because it is very annoying/distracting when I begin to go deep. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

orangesky

Germany
39 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2014 :  3:45:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi raminanda,

your problems may be related to too much acid in your stomach. I had exactly the same problems and would have never thought it was related to acid. In my case after meditations with the mantra Om Mani Padme Hum.

First came the mucus/phlegm and only much later would I feel the stomach or throat slightly burning because of acid. I have read that the body sometimes trys to guard the more sensitive areas of the throat from the aggressive acid that wants to rise upwards. In your case since you obviously don´t feel pain it could be that it´s not enough acid to create the pain but enough acid for the body to create this barriere for the acid. This may work for some time but in the end one has to find the solution and calm down the stomach.

Somehow my meditations made the nervous cells in my stomach overreact and in turn produce too much acid.
What helped me a great deal and healed me was Nadi Shodhana and Walking Meditation in the forest and getting in touch with the earth element (showing gratitude to trees). Earth element is connected to the stomach in tibetan culture.

http://www.tibetanmedicine-edu.org/...embryology-2
http://www.tibetanmedicine-edu.org/...embryology-1

this could be one explanation...but maybe it´s something different...

This was my solution to the problem.

I hope you´ll also find a solution!

Go to Top of Page

raminanda

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2014 :  5:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much orangesky. I will start doing Nadi Shodhana right away as it is a very easy thing to incorporate. Also there are a few great forest/jungle areas I could go walk around close to my house. Sometimes people don't believe something will work just because it is so easy and they don't do it thereby missing the solution altogether. The irony is that we are actually hoping for an easy solution. Just for the record I have never had any kind of acid, stomach or digestive problems. Needless to say this could still help and I love being out in nature.
Go to Top of Page

orangesky

Germany
39 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  05:21:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello raminanda,

I do Nadi Shodhana this way as shown in the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-qbjk10tB4

I think it´s good to start breathing in on the LEFT side with the left nostril as this is supposed to be calming.

...Ratio 1:1

I breathe in 15 seconds and 15 seconds out... for a beginner 5 in 5 out may be better!

and then you can later switch to AYP Spinal Breathing (Session 41) since Nadi Shodhana is mostly seen as an introductory technique to the much more powerful Spinal Breathing.
Go to Top of Page

raminanda

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2014 :  11:02:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As unbelievable as this may sound the nadi shodhana alone fixed the issue.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2014 :  3:20:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lots of phlem here, near constant for several years. Not sick either, doctors are clueless.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000