Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Sahsrara focus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vimala

France
80 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  10:04:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Do you think that a meditation in which one focuses on the chakra on top of the head may cause trouble?

Any ideas/ experiences/ opinions ?

Thank you

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  10:11:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes... definite trouble for most starting out.
Crown chakra is the gateway into the cosmos... and if we have not prepared the rest of the system to handle that kind of energy... we are in for trouble.

Take a look at this lesson:
http://www.aypsite.org/199.html

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  12:11:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
as Shanti said, focusing on Sahsrara is like inviting trouble
so do take it step by step

Edited by - maheswari on Feb 11 2014 12:13:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  11:15:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It all depends on the person and there practice. My daily Sadhana does and there are no issues.

As Shanti has pointed out and I would agree just starting out it might not be a good idea but then again it might if you have the correct practices to go along with it.

The tough part is determining where it is a person is starting out from in the first place, what there ability to perceive is and how much their nervous system can work with.

There are practices I have discovered along the way that can and do counterbalance Crown related overload as it is called here, I have also recently discovered how to overcome Manipura over-activity symptoms that lead to being rather unpleasant of disposition and somewhat aggressive and impatient.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  02:26:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
It all depends on the person and there practice. My daily Sadhana does and there are no issues.

in AYP we dont work directly on the crown nor on any specific chakra.The practices open and purify us, the chakras will follow spontaneously, it is under the hood.This secures a safe,continuous and effective spiritual progress.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  5:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vimala,

have you practiced anything else so far? If you are starting with spiritual practices, look at those which are available, which you can do timewise and also living style wise and look for the cautions and hints to practice that one safely.

If you do so, whichever technique or system it may be, it should work out without any problems.

Paace and hf

Edited by - Holy on Feb 14 2014 5:38:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  7:34:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you I am aware that is how the AYP system works, but it is not the only system that does. Sadhana practices that work well for all that attempt them have yet to be discovered. It is still very much an individual thing one must discover for themselves by doing.
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

quote:

in AYP we dont work directly on the crown nor on any specific chakra.The practices open and purify us, the chakras will follow spontaneously, it is under the hood.This secures a safe,continuous and effective spiritual progress.

Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2014 :  10:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Exerientialknowing

Could you pls explain further on the

"counterbalance Crown related overload as it is called here, I have also recently discovered how to overcome Manipura over-activity symptoms that lead to being rather unpleasant of disposition and somewhat aggressive and impatient".

As sometimes I do see these symptoms as well.

Thanks

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  3:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As Shanti has posted you need to prepare your system to work with the crown.

If I reply to you here it will hijack this thread, if you are interested in details contact me via e-mail.

quote:
Originally posted by pkj

Exerientialknowing

Could you pls explain further on the

"counterbalance Crown related overload as it is called here, I have also recently discovered how to overcome Manipura over-activity symptoms that lead to being rather unpleasant of disposition and somewhat aggressive and impatient".

As sometimes I do see these symptoms as well.

Thanks

PKJ

Go to Top of Page

Vimala

France
80 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2014 :  04:39:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your replies
My question arises from seeing some tibetan meditation methods which starts with visualization on the top of the head (specifically, lineage gurus, devas, etc...).

In my experience 'till now, I've seen that all focus meditation on the body causes trouble on the long terms ... but I'm still looking for that "magic spot" in the body where the mind is at rest and a healing process takes place.
Dan tien and third eye didn't worked well for me.

Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2014 :  10:41:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Vimala

Unless you have allot of time and can be taught the Tibetan stuff in person I think I would leave it alone.

As far as focus on the body or one specific spot goes of course that will cause in-balance by the very nature of how the energetic system is being manipulated.

So knowing this it is easy to understand that if you intend to do any focus based work which automatically invokes Prana. ( prana follows mind and intent and vice versa )

Then you need to learn a practice that balances and not just work with any one center.

If you are seeking mind at rest then Zazen may be something to look into. If you are drawn to energetic work then perhaps Kriya.

A word of advice learn Mahamudra and perform 3 cycles of it per sitting this one technique alone will balance the energy system, and alleviate issues brought about by body focus as you are calling it.

quote:
Originally posted by Vimala

Thank you for your replies
My question arises from seeing some tibetan meditation methods which starts with visualization on the top of the head (specifically, lineage gurus, devas, etc...).

In my experience 'till now, I've seen that all focus meditation on the body causes trouble on the long terms ... but I'm still looking for that "magic spot" in the body where the mind is at rest and a healing process takes place.
Dan tien and third eye didn't worked well for me.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000