Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Questionnaire response
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

twinkletoes

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2014 :  10:55:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi. I am new to the AYP site and have been familiarising myself with the site contents for a couple of weeks now. I have also been reading my way through the first AYP book of lessons which my partner downloaded from Amazon. My experiences with kundalini type of phenomena goes back a few decades now, and I have thought for some time that I would like to be involved in an online conversation on the matter. This is the first time I have dipped my toe into that conversation. So here goes. As requested I will start by answering the questions.

1/ What the symptoms are now is a tricky question to answer. But historically they go back to a major event in 1975 which is possibly better described in full in one of the questions further down. Prior to the main event there was a period that I now recognise a curtain raising period of twitchs, tingles, chakra activity, sunyata and samadhi experiences, and a very elevated physical and mental energy level. These days things are much more settled. There are still pasing twitchs, tingles, mysterious passing pains, strange aromatic sensations etc, but the main symptom I would just call 'life'.

2/ I think that I spend a lot of time in an active silence. The physical symptoms mostly happen at times of rest. I mostly sleep well, but I think that I sometimes experience what AYP calls 'conscious sleep', where it sometimes feels like your awake, but your actually at rest.

3/ I would say the symptoms are a result of spiritual practices.

4/ In 1972, at the age of 17 I was initiated into TM practice. Prior to that I had been doing some Hatha Yoga at a local suburban school for about a year. With the TM I followed the practice fairly closely for a number of years, ie 15-20 minutes twice a day. With time I also added their recommended alternate nostril style Pranayama, and their recommended asanas (very similar to AYP's asana 'Starter Kit'). I also frequently attended group meditations, occasional retreat weekends, and after a few years I received an extended mantra. I am aware of the risks of excessive practices, but at that time I don't think that was a personal issue.

5/ I'm not sure if I am particularly sensitive or not, but whatever steps I have taken to accomodate my sensitivity, were done in the wake of the event I will outline next.

6/ I think mushrooms played a role on the major event that I mentioned above. In 1975 around the time of my 20th birthday, I was a university student and went on Summer break trip to Indonesia. I passed through Bali on this trip, where at the prodding of some friends I had some of the magic mushrooms. What happened next was what I call the'full Roman Candle' kundalini experience. The event started with trembling passing through my torso, then my whole body. A surge of irrational pure anxiety welled up into me. I felt compelled to get up and walk about. This turned into a paniced run. Then a massive blow torch of light and energy rushed up through me, and out of the top of my head. From there the experience became out of body, as I felt like my consciousness was being projected through space. My consciousness now felt very tranquil. After an undetermined period of time I perceived myself to be in a cave. The cave was bathed in radiant light and blissful feeling. The source of the radiance was a human body reclined in a corpse pose on a raised slab of stone. The body struck me as being absolutely perfect and radiant. An internal voice explained to me 'this is the intelligence that underpins the planet'. Then another internal voice that I took to come from the perfect being, told me not to waste my time travelling, being a voyeur on other people's lives (up to this time I had had asperations to be a great hippy traveller); instead I should travel into my own place, understand it and heal it. This was a message that rightly or wrongly stayed with me very strongly in life and affected my later vocational choices. The experince in the cave then passed away. My minds eye was floating in the air, several metres above an adgitated young man (me)wandering around in the streets. I re-entered my body and began a period of a number of years dealing with the roller coaster ride of surging kundalini.

7/ I don't think trauma had much to do with my experiences. Up till then I had a Catholic schooling which wasn't pleasant, and my father died when I was 12, but I think I got through both theses things without too much lingering damage.

8/ I don't think sexual lifestyle has much to do with it either. Celibacy has never personally made sense to me. I feel sexual repression can cause a lot of un-necessary problems.

9/I generally eat food as fresh and unprocessed as possible, from a wide range of food groups. I am not a vegetatian, but don't eat a lot of red meat, mostly fish & poultry. I have a good body weight and general health.

10/ My work is very manual and involves a lot of time walking about in natural areas. Choosing a manual lifestyle played a big part in stabilising my own symptoms.

11/ I'm not attracted to religions, cults or dogma. If I'm devotional at all it is in the sense that I see all of life as a purposeful and meditational activity. To be honest I feel that belief is largely a samskara that we burn off on the way through.

12/ I'm very engaged in ordinary daily activities. I am self employed in a small business. I'm in a permanent relationship, with mortgage commitments, and general community involvements. I feel that taking responsibility for your own life is a fundamental spiritual act (although I don't condemn those who can't for one reason or another).

13/ I have never consulted anybody over mental health. I did once see a medical practitioner who was also trained in Ayurveda. He was slightly taken aback and didn't quite know what to recommend, other than some rhasanas. That was years ago though, before there was much discussion of kundalini, as there tends to be today.

14/After a few years working on myself to stabilise my situation, I backed off from practices generally. But by this time I began to feel that life had become a universal practice, in the form of a walking, eyes open meditation. I would occasionally dive back into practices for specific purposes. Most recently I have dived back into them as a result of my partner's interest in the AYP material.

15/ I am a 59 year old male. Many of the events I outlined above occured in my late teens and early 20s.

Thankyou for this opportunity to discuss these matters. I would welcome anybodies thoughts, replys or questions.

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2014 :  02:05:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi twinkletoes and welcome to the AYP forums.

It sounds to me like you have found much of what is recommended at AYP through personal experimentation and learning to listen to Life's subtle cues. You feel balanced and integrated and I look forward to your forum contributions. Welcome.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2014 :  03:49:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello twinkletoes
Really enjoyed your post..thx for sharing and welcome to the forums
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2014 :  04:18:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing this and joining the community!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000