Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Body vibrates like a drum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zero

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  2:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone experienced this..

After the practice (breathing + meditation), sometimes I do verbal OM or other mantra chanting.

During the chanting, with the sound vibrations, the whole body resonates and vibrates faintly at each sound occurrence. It is as if the pranayam has made the body full of air and is now acting like a drum. This happens only immediately after the practice. The vibration is very distinct.

If the chanting is done later in the day it feels very dense and not vibratory.

This is a very interesting phenomenon and wondering if there is an explanation or similar experience.

GregM

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  12:30:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit GregM's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've done chanting sessions using the OM mantra in a group setting where I felt larger than life. If you can imagine a living Easter Island head powerfully emanating the OM mantra, this is how I felt while doing these. It was exhilarating, to say the least! The resonating with the mantra and everyone else in the room in a way I'd never experienced before or since.

I may be wrong here, but the way you describe your experience reminded me somewhat of the vibrations often described just prior to an OBE (Out of Body Experience). My personal experience in that area is limited (all theory, not enough practice) so I can't go into much more detail.

As Yogani would advise, though, don't get caught up in what you experience during your practice sessions as that is so often a diversion. Instead, stay focused and true to your practice and the rewards will be unimaginable.

Greg
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000