Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 The role of the Heart Chakra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2013 :  7:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
What is the importance of the heart chakra?

The reason I am asking is I have been having some pain in the area. I know my heart is healthy. I had it checked out big time about two years ago. I am also being nudged so to speak. I am sure you know what I mean. Unrelated topic and yet there it is mentioning the heart chakra.

I gave myself a good sunburn while trying to increase SP while doing Siddhasana. It has been over a week and it is almost gone. I dropped siddhasana and dropped sp back to 5 min.

I think I had a kundalini experience about a month ago. Massive energy traveling up to the crown. . The visual was like in the movies where there is a strong wind and it strips apart the buildings. That is what it was like. I saw my head with a fragile crown being blown away piece by piece. I remember grunting trying to hold all the energy in and not let it break through or to be more accurate tear off the crown. I am not sure if that was the right thing to do. But it did stop it.

I am not sure if any of this is related to the heart chakra at all. I just wanted to give a clear picture of things that are recent.

I feel like I am missing something and it has to do with the heart. It seems important and I can't figure it out.

Edited by - jonesboy on Dec 30 2013 10:33:40 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2013 :  08:45:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jonesboy,
Sounds like a very beautiful experience (the crown ).

From what little I know about the process and my own experience... the union (marriage) of shiva (inner silence) and shakti (energy part of our practice) happens at the crown... after which the united Shiva and Shakti will have to descend to the heart and this is where they reside (outpouring of divine love).

The AYP practices are designed for opening and balancing all the chakras at the same time (this keeps the process more balanced).

A heart opening does feel like pain in the chest area. It can be pretty intense at times and can almost feel like a heart attack. But if you have had your heart checked out and it is all fine then you can relax into the heart and ride the pain without fear.
At times this pain can also be physical brought on by pressure due to the soma cycle.

If you would be interested, check out these two lessons...
http://www.aypsite.org/220.html
http://www.aypsite.org/221.html

Good things are happening. Once past the pain, a heart opening is the sweetest experience ever.

Wish you all the best!
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2013 :  09:54:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OM Shanti, thank you so very much!

It ties in perfectly with all the nudges I have been getting. I wasn't sure and was thinking maybe the answer was Solar Centering but I think this is it!

Now I have to ask myself how in the heck did I miss the lesson titled Heart Chakra
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2013 :  09:57:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jonesboy

Now I have to ask myself how in the heck did I miss the lesson titled Heart Chakra

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000