Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Is it okay to touch spine ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NoDogma

USA
123 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2013 :  6:50:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

I've heard a well-known guru say following about touching one's spine. This was during his Q&A session of an initiation. The question was from a chiropractor related to some research (I don't remember the research topic, but I remember it was about good effects of touching the spine) ::

"It's not okay to touch someone's spine unless you know how to. For most people, touching a spine randomly can lead to harmful effect. . and this is true especially for the people on spiritual path."

Is this true ? I remembered it after posting a reply to Chinmayo's question on 'Imagining problem' and so deleted my reply suggesting to touch the spine to remember the path of the spine.

thanks,

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  3:26:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Paramhansa Yogananda recommended chiropractic adjustments as legitimate many times in his writings as I remember.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  4:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nodogma,

I have found touching my own spine (feeling its path all the way down to the tip and up to the base of the skull)useful for imaging the spine.

Namaste,

Go to Top of Page

NoDogma

USA
123 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  4:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks BillinL.A. and bewell.

I had doubts about what he had said and wanted to get opinion here.
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  6:54:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
if you do spiritual practices you shouldnt allow people to touch your spine
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  10:22:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi NoDogma,

according to Jaggi Vasudev noone should touch your spine except if he is a master (like himself as he says :) But naturally you will touch the spine of someone while hugging, while physically interacting, while having sex, while giving a massage etc.

So in those loving situations, touching the spine is not a problem I think. Also if you do something like spinal breathing, the pranic flow in your spine will be so immense, even if others touch it, not much will happen alltogether.

Touching others spine here happens out of itself sometimes, feels like a refresher and wake upper to the obervation of peoples mood lift. Not that it is done intentionally, just sometimes spontaneously.

If someone wants to touch the spine of others with the intention to make some kind of chakra surgery or operation or whatever, he should ask himself about the state of his own spine :P If your spinal system does operate in a way that would be nice for the one who wants to make something with your spine, perhaps better skip it :P That may do less good to you even if the intention is nice.

All in all there is not much to worry about, as long as you do your work, nothing can harm you for too long, at best it will survive the next sitting session and with the next next it will be done ;)

Peace and love
Go to Top of Page

NoDogma

USA
123 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  2:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Gabe,

Thanks. I don't understand the implications. Although I realize that my spine is already active and I wouldn't want others touching it.

Holy,

interesting .. I was referring to Sadhguru in my original question. I was skeptical about most things.

regards,
Savyasachi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000