Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 What are your opinions on Robert Bruce's claims?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Empiricspirit

Poland
5 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2013 :  11:12:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Empiricspirit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Robert Bruce currently claims to have awakened his kundalini 70 times, he claims that the eastern idea of a one-time kundalini awakening is a myth and claims he found the 'ultimate system' for it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_X3lvdvA1U
I'm personally highly skeptical of his claims. What about you guys?

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2013 :  4:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Empiricspirit,

It depends what someone means by "awakening kundalini". If they mean an energetic rush of energy up the spine, or up the centre of the body, that could easily happen to someone 70 times, or many more. If they mean going from a state where no energetic transformation of the subtle body is happening to an awakened state where it is happening, that could happen more than once in a lifetime but it is very rare. I have certainly never heard of it happening more than twice. Even to happen twice in one lifetime it means that kundalini has to go back to sleep after the first awakening and that alone would take many years.

So Robert Bruce is probably referring to energetic rushes up the central channel (sushumna) which happen often after awakening, rather than awakening itself.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2013 :  4:43:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Empiricspirit,

I would agree with Christi. The fact that he is describing Kundalini as something that needs to be repeatedly awakened would cause me some concern as to his level of understanding on the topic.

Best regards,
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

kundalini_genie

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  6:57:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I registered to post this topic. I would advice AGAINST this method. A couple of years ago I found out about Robert Bruces method whereby you continually 'raise' energy into your root chakra for hours until it 'explodes' the kundalini energy upwards. I used this method, and after 8 or 10 hours of ceaselessly raising energy into my perinium, kundalini exploded up PINGALA and to a lesser degree ida in the front of my body, hitting blockages in my chest, then flying off in other directions. I had taked ADHD medication earlier in the day which most probably worsened the PINGALA stimulation, and I was very pingala to begin with, but it can't all be put down to this - if you are willfully raising energy then I think it is almost certainly bound to go up pingala.
During the energy raising I remember variously experiencing great stress, sexual stimulation, and some hallucinations, but after the energy finally exploded, the very unpleasant hallucinations became almost intolerably intense, also much physical and mental discomfort.
None of this 'wore off', and it set me on a path of clearing out the pingala and ida nadis, which became necessary. Things could have ended up very differently for me - I don't mean to be overly dramatic, but an experience like this could potentially ruin somebodies life.

I quit my job and work with my kundalini full time - how would things have turned out if I had gone down the AYP or kriya yoga paths instead of forging my own way... I don't know, but it almost certainly would have been much less painful.

Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  8:26:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Empiricspirit,

Christi is right. Have not watched the vid, but 6-7 years ago kundalini 2nd and partially third layer did awaken here 10-20 times per day aswell and went into sleep again and again and again.

You can easily awaken kundalini by cleaning up ida and pingala and then by doing some bhastrika, about 10-20 times and then by holding your breath. If you repeat this 5-10 times per sitting, 2-4 times per day, after some weeks to 1-3 months kundalini will wake up with every breath retention after the hastrika phase with greater and greater force and rush up the spine into your head, blasting you off into bliss and ecstasy of all kinds.

Some use this method to clean up the sushumna nadi, some prepare to make this more softly by spinal breathing :P

Here this kind of practice did have fast results, but it also became fastly unhealthy. Plus the awakening got more and more out of control, the body started to jump and land on the ground or hit the wall with the head etc :P The poor head, but it was so blissfull :D you can very fastly make you a very stupid blissed out person with this ^^

Then there is the other kind of more permanent awakening of a kundalini layer, which this man is not speaking of and which others are speaking of as awakening. Different causes lead to different results regarding kundalini aka the flow of life force.

The elegant ways of kundalini awakening can be found by what kundalini genie wrote in his last paragraph :)

Peace and enjoy
Go to Top of Page

kundalini_genie

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  11:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If kundalini burns through energetic blockages, the idea of it 'going to sleep again' seems irrelevant. Maybe turning it on and off is possible with sushumna, but my experience this far is almost exlusively with ida and pingala.
It doesn't matter if I am walking down the road, trying to sleep, or having a conversation, there is no off button.
Also, ACTUALLY clearing out pingala and ida is no simple matter -consider that out entire beings are contained within these nadis, and kundalini will burn away at any and all blockages. Childhood problems and all.

What caused me most problems was focusing exclusively on pingala for quite a time. In seemed that the act of me resolving problems within pingala caused yet more stimulation and threw me more out of balance. It is only by focusing equally on both that I can achieve harmony.
Go to Top of Page

_shakti_

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  05:38:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's interesting, one minute he claims that a kundalini rising isn't 'real' unless it's spontaneous.. but then he simultaneously recommends his course to essentially force things along. Not exactly congruent.

Also.. in my experience, kundalini can't really be forced. Coaxed perhaps, but once awake, she pretty much does as she pleases. The best course of 'action' that I have found is to surrender to the process and try not to logically understand every little nuance or attempt to control/micromanage things. More of a getting out of your own way type of scenario.

Also, this 70 times thing.. as though it's a race to see how many times one can raise it, seems a bit ridiculous and ego-driven to me. Why does kundalini keep retreating back to muladhara? In my understanding/experience of the process, if the rise is stable.. she will tend to stay at each juncture 'attained'. Not descend and continuously require a jolt to cause her to ascend again. And where is the talk of purification?

Also, he goes all into how he wants to be able to shape shift and achieve immortality- the physical kind, where he gets to keep his 20 year old body. Like, if that's is the teacher's focus? It's pretty difficult to take much of what he says very seriously. I'm not in it for the siddhis though, to each their own.

Hey kundalini_genie, when you say you are working with kundalini full time now, what does that mean? And have you continued with Robert Bruce's course or teachings?

Go to Top of Page

kundalini_genie

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  1:47:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shakti,

By full time I mean that I have made my 'sadhana' the focus of my life . My sadhana largely involves woring with the kundalini energy and using it to overcome the psycho-energetic blockages in my being.

No I haven't continued with his teachings. For all I know he has revised his methods.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000