Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 to be a meditator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2013 :  7:09:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
this isn't advice or a prologue on how to meditate.

firstly one has to understand that the book "deep meditation" doesn't actually teach one how to meditate.

it seems for want of a better word a form method which creates conditions for transcendence.

when combined with spinal breathing this seems to be an effective method of cultivating the conditions through which over time meditation can be considered achievable.

I would like to refer to both Buddhism and Yogani's own saying that the Guru is within.

For those of us who are blessed with the Guru within or absolute boddhicitta this transcendental method is effective and will lead to good results.

For me when i experience meditation it become aware of an innately perfect part of myself which is attuned to all the forces of the higher realms.

when i achieved this perfection i was not in a state of meditation, infact quite the opposite i was in a state of spiritual bliss and ecstasy which i was enormously satisfied with.

Having achieved this state i waited in equanimity for a long time, i cant remember how long for something to happen.

this led me to kundalini maha yoga, buddhism, and developing mindfulness attitudes (also not meditation)

until i was overcome with the voices expecting my higher self to start mastering things.

then i realised all my instability, the massively powerful experiences were as a result of my initiation into a truely meditative tradition.

namely for the guru within my absolute boddhicitta to become a meditator i was blessed by a God and Goddess and thus began my journey.

this part of ourselves is what we seek to unite with thus Yoga is complete. for meditation to become a part of that path one can expect to have a very strong ishta and through practice lift its truth meaning and expression in our lives to its highest level.

thus instead of just aiming for transcendence through relative means one can meditate on the actual nature of reality thus come to understand how to alleviate suffering of oneself and others.

perhaps for those who rest in peace without knowing are about to go on a journey of a lifetime to begin delivering great teachings and becoming true boddhisattvas, thats my guess.

I hope this isnt at all upsetting to anyone for it is simply the result of my meditation on AYP.

joe

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2014 :  2:16:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hey fellow aypers.

i've been considering my experience with deep meditation as combined with those (such as me) who find iam a very powerful mantra which creates instability in the mind beyond which can be coped with here. (ive stopped my dm and im practicing a variety of forms of mindfulness which should lead me to an awareness of the inner guru)

for me i think iam in the long run is too hardcore and my inner guru says mindfulness to me.

i think this mindfulness equates to an absence of concetration on anything in particular. namely the breath, although when in quite deep a point of reference or retreat (ie, sh*t where am i ....find the breath) is useful.

however as yogani says once cessation of the breath is achieved it cant go any further.

it might be that a more zen style of approach for those inbetween the sensitivity of breath meditation and mantra meditation.

for me this consists of asking my inner guru to meditate whilst i simply let go into the mind and let thoughts flow emotions flow and i see great cracks and blockages in the karma appearing.

what can aid this process is a half smile, combined with kechari mudra

it seems the attitudes of mindfulness develops as they go, and a more liquid sense of self, which combined with a few rounds of spinal breathing can create quite a natural and pleasant form of purification.

cause and effect (cause - spinal breathing stimulating a powerful effect on the mind with chemicals or prana)

effect creating the desire to see through the pleasant unpleasant sensations of mind/body, developing focus and furthering the development of mindful attitudes till equanimity is achieved.

actual equanimity ie the awareness reaching the inner guru can be thought provoking, but spinal breathing is a far more powerful stimulator of karma than meditation.

does this make any sense to anyone?

joe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000