Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Overload
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2013 :  02:30:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In the past whenever I have felt I was in overload and needed to self-pace, it was always more to do with heaviness or lightness in the head, feeling more in the spiritual world than in the real world, so too much going on in the higher chakras - a lack of grounding. For weeks now, something else is happening that is confusing me. I am unsure if it is also a form of overload, too much purification. This time I seem stuck in lower energies,(too grounded?) I am stressed (I haven't been stressed in years!), expressing myself harshly, leading to poor relations with those around me. Basically - no signs of centered-ness and compassion and the usual benefits of meditation. My sittings seem to have increased on their own - more like 15 mins SBP and 30 mins DM + Samyama once a day. Now that I suspect that what I'm experiencing could also be too much purification, a part of me is telling me that I should stop meditating for a while... give it a rest so to speak but I am terrified of stopping.
I hear others saying they have stopped meditating, some to self-pace, others don't seem to feel the need for it anymore. I hunger for more but also recognize that I am clinging to meditation which cannot be healthy (?). I don't know what I am really trying to say here...

Sey

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2013 :  02:59:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Sey
anxiety ,stress, harsh words are signs of overload.I suugest you self pace, take it easy and enjoy life
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2013 :  06:19:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey,

You are so sweet and funny.

Maha is right. Your unintentional increase in practices is probably too much. It is really good to let that small voice (that is telling you to cut back) direct you. I totally understand the reluctance to stop, but it's just for a few days.

IMHO, there can never be too much grounding. Do you exercise? Not yoga but aerobic..? I find it to help balance me immediately, even just 20 minutes on an elliptical.. It dissipates excess energy and redirects it to prana depleted areas of the body and calms everything. I find I perform optimally in all areas of life and am most happy and balanced when I combine spiritual practices with physical fitness (exercise and healthy diet).

Love and hugs.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2013 :  10:57:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

In the past whenever I have felt I was in overload and needed to self-pace, it was always more to do with heaviness or lightness in the head, feeling more in the spiritual world than in the real world, so too much going on in the higher chakras - a lack of grounding. For weeks now, something else is happening that is confusing me. I am unsure if it is also a form of overload, too much purification. This time I seem stuck in lower energies,(too grounded?) I am stressed (I haven't been stressed in years!), expressing myself harshly, leading to poor relations with those around me. Basically - no signs of centered-ness and compassion and the usual benefits of meditation. My sittings seem to have increased on their own - more like 15 mins SBP and 30 mins DM + Samyama once a day. Now that I suspect that what I'm experiencing could also be too much purification, a part of me is telling me that I should stop meditating for a while... give it a rest so to speak but I am terrified of stopping.
I hear others saying they have stopped meditating, some to self-pace, others don't seem to feel the need for it anymore. I hunger for more but also recognize that I am clinging to meditation which cannot be healthy (?). I don't know what I am really trying to say here...

Sey

Don't worry about pacing Set. You can always come back to your practices. Clinging is a kleisa of the mind, practices aren't forever. What will happen when your body can no longer do asana? Or when you are too senile for self inquiry? The practices are a vehicle nothing more.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2013 :  09:03:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still a strong believer that we get what we wish for. As the first lesson of AYP says, desire is the fuel that sustains the whole trip. So, if you desire more compassion and fluidity in your social relations, then that's what you will get. If you desire to break through into deeper spiritual planes, you'll get that too. If you desire a balanced, symbiotic, harmonious, homeostatic state of being, then it will come true.

I desire these qualities for myself, and I desire them for you. Because you help me maintain my own inner condition. If we are all wishing for our respective stabilizations, then we will be living in a paradise, more and more.

So, I would say, let the desire trump the practices, and the desire will inform your actions and decisions to achieve the desired result, which may include more or less practices. Only you can know, based on your personal experimentation and adaptation to the flow.

Yogani has a great formula, which is: Desire + Vision + Action = Achievement...with persistence and consistency being the underlying qualities on the left side of the equation. I'm definitely applying that formula, with the use of self-pacing, and just remembering that the purpose of ALL THIS is to feel good...to feel very, very good. If I can't feel very, very good (sublimely so), how can I make others feel good?

Wishing you the best on your path, SeySorciere. I really enjoy your writing and find you to be a beautiful person. I can relate 100% to these struggles to find the right groove, but we're doing it!! "Failure is not an option." (the Hollywood adaptation of NASA's strategy when confronting crisis).

ho·me·o·sta·sis n. The ability or tendency of an organism or cell to maintain internal equilibrium by adjusting its physiological processes.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  04:46:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear all - thank you so much for your kind words of support and advice. I did take a break over the weekend and will start again tonight, and try to stick to 10, 20, 10 mins combo and see how it goes. I take Yoga asanas twice a week when possible but I travel quite a bit for work so I often miss class.

Much love to you

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000