Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 problem during shambavi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  2:13:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i ve been doing shambavi mahamudra for a few months. where my heel is placed in Ardha Siddhasana i feel like a pumping sensation. I ate some cheese sticks the other day out of desperation, i hadn't eaten allday and was on a job .(oil field and vegetarianism don't mix well). now im not feeling the sensation nearly to the same extent. it was like a large thump before now i can barely feel it. i ate the cheese two days ago. this also happened awhile back when i smoked some marijuana. the following night it was back to normal. im getting aggitated that it isn't back to normal yet. im worried i may spill my semen in a dream or something. is there anything i can do to increase my recovery time? i wasnt expecting this to happen but atleast i know for in the future. also what is this pumping? sexual energy being pumped upwards? i notice i have no sex drive since beginning the shambavi and celibacy is happening on it own

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  7:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gabe Miller,

Yes, the pumping is prana being pumped up into the higher energy centres. It can happen like that at times, or it can feel more like a smooth flow.

It is good to take the whole process as it comes without too many expectations about what will happen. Sometimes the spiritual transformation will be obvious, other days we may barely notice anything. Certainly drugs can have an inhibiting effect on the spiritual transformation so they are best avoided in the long run. If cheese is having a detrimental effect on the pranic flow it could be because it contains morphine and a protein called casein which has opiate effects. But the opiates and morphine in cheese come in quite small doses, so people tend to report problems with drugs more often than problems with cheese.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  9:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i recovered rather quickly from the marijuana(its interesting to note i did the shambavi while high and it was like i had never done so well, however the following day i felt the consequences) the cheese however was even more detriemntal. i usally use my rudra beads to judge as to whether i should eat something (if it spins clockwise over the food i'll eat it) but i was in a room full of rough necks i didn't want to weird them out more than i already do lol. my sadhana this afternoon i could feel it getting back to normal. also i have another question. sometimes i will go into this expanded state, like just total expansiveness where i need not think. if i dont think and let it grow its like i get smaller and im being pushed down on but another part of me is traveling upwards. its hard to describe. any idea of what this is?
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  10:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
also is kundalini and prana the same thing? if not what is the difference?
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  10:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Gabe and Welcome!

I'm responding to your first post. I'm not doing the same practices as you, but I do experience the pumping or thumping during practice and outside of practice. I think it is okay for it change, to not be so strong certain days. Doesn't mean that you've done something wrong. It changes on its own. Just my 2 cents.
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  11:27:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you, it's nice to have finally found people on the same path(even if not in person) ive felt so alienated these past months. its like all my energies are directed towards yoga, my only priority. even finding information on the internet is hard(which is crazy the internet has everything) im greatful for this site and the community that comes along with it.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2013 :  03:41:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Gabe Miller

also is kundalini and prana the same thing? if not what is the difference?

Hi Gabe,

Prana is the subtle energy in the body whereas kundalini describes a particular flow of prana. Kundalini is a word which describes the whole process of the energetic transformation of the body.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

TSwift

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2013 :  09:17:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey guys,

I'm a new member here, and I couldn't figure out how to begin a new thread, so I put my inquiry here.

I have a question about shambavi mudra. I notice sometimes that my vision is very cloudy after practice, particularly if I allow shambavi to continue into Deep Meditation and samyama. The cloudiness can hang around for a long time. Sometimes it is 45 minutes or an hour before my vision is completely clear again.

Does anybody else have this issue? It happens both in the morning and in the evening. Thanks for any suggestions.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2013 :  11:27:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gabe,

I agree with lalow. Everything changes sometimes day to day or sometimes we are blessed with something for a longer period. I think that is just part of the game. Not desiring the experience but accepting that which we get.
The other day in Siddhasana I was doing Kechari stage 1 and I had so much energy going through me it reminded me of one of those cartoons where someone with magic powers is having to grunt their teeth to hold it all in. It was just like that. The next day not so much, not even close. I just look at it as a blessing to have had the experience.

Tswift,

I have found that after a good session if I get up to quick after my session or if I have to move before my rest that I have had similar experiences. For me the key has been to rest after the session. Maybe it is your bodies way of telling you to extend your rest period after meditation.

edits because I cannot spell worth a darn!!

Edited by - jonesboy on Nov 27 2013 3:57:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2013 :  05:07:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Tswift,
Welcome to te forums.
I would like to add : try and keep shambhavi really light - not forced and focussed. I used to be try really hard to maintain the shambhavi and therefore it used to be very forced. This used to result in slightly cloudy vision and headaches. So make sure that is not the case and it is just easy shambhavi.
Go to Top of Page

TSwift

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2013 :  2:26:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the suggestions. Makes sense that I could be forcing it a bit.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000