Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Was this kundalini?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Whoziz

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  5:05:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Several years ago I regularly practiced meditation. The one night I experienced an "explosion" in my head (not literally but a loud sound that was inside me not outside me). At the time I had no idea what had happened. I think it was after that that I noticed that a rock was glowing with light and I knew with certainty that I would win a raffle. This kind of esp did not last long and, because of material bligations, I stopped meditating for quite some time. Now I have begun again but often wonder if I had opened the chakras and kundalini had risen and, if so, why it didn't remain and why can't I get it back. Thanks for your help. Jacquie

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  6:41:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
May I ask, what kind of posture were you using during meditation? It is very possible to also experience symptoms of all kinds when transitioning to sleep. This is far from saying 'trance phenomena' as your own intuition is better equipped to evaluate its meaning and impact on you. A recent one of mine, outside of practice, was looking at a night sky and recognizing a star formation changing colors and moving, which surprised me that I came right back out of it. As for getting it back, most practices suggest to form a habit and keep at it in the long run to bring anything going on to higher levels of refinement.
Go to Top of Page

rce

USA
50 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  12:51:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit rce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The explosion is called exploding head syndrome. I get it occasionally as I am falling asleep. It worried me until I found out that it is harmless, but now I laugh a little when it happens. Here is the Wikipedia article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explod...ead_syndrome
Go to Top of Page

Whoziz

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  1:26:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both for your responses. It's interesting that "exploding head" is a syndrome that has been recognized by the medical community. Perhaps my experience was a result of stress since it occurred while I was relaxed and reading just before going to sleep, and not during meditation. But it seemed to me like it might have had something to do with an interaction between the pineal and pituitary because of the esp that I experienced afterwards. Whatever it was, it didn't continue and I haven't experienced it again. Thanks again for your help!
Go to Top of Page

chinmayo

Finland
67 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  4:18:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have experienced that too. It was at the time when I was trying to activate my 3rd eye without much knowledge about anything nor did i do regular meditation. I don't know if they are linked though! Was quite strong experience, the explosion was almost physical (and scary!)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000