AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 kechari, mulabahndha, ethereal sound
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  09:15:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I don't have a very advanced kechari practice, I may not even progress past stage 2, however it is very powerful.

I've noticed that mulabandha has become something else entirely with the introduction of kechari. It is an upward swirling vortex, and kechari is an apex of sorts at the soft palate. Yet the soft palate seems to be like a transformer, and the prana transforms into sound there as it continues through the brain. This sh!t crazy!

Inner sound? Must be. Its inner but still very physical. Like a new dimension of existence for this individual. During kirtan, this sound is incredibly blissful.

This combo, kechari and mulabandha, brings immediate peace to the body. Its not as subtle. It is a very physical feeling. The prana rains down from the fountain of the crown.

Also, there's an automatic smile that accompanies this, so that now all pranayama and meditation is done with a smile.

So mulabandha is this vacuum, with the root chakra this amazingly big and powerful energy center, its huge. And the prana travels up to the soft palate where this subtle bliss is introduced to the body but then the mind opens up to this magnificent, massive space and the prana which has transformed into 'sound' travels through this infinite space in the cranium and spouts from the crown and rains down enveloping the entire exterior body.

What the heck is going on here?? Thoughts?

Yogani, I would appreciate your input!

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  11:53:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TTN:

Sounds very good.

As you continue and the energy expands to every cell, and beyond, you may find other mudras and bandhas naturally coming in, eventually forming what we have called "whole body mudra."

Don't forget that abiding inner silence is the master key and foundation underneath all of this, so be sure to keep a balance between meditation and energy-related practices.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  5:59:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani, thank you for your response!

I don't really do any energy practices besides five minutes of pranayama daily before 10 m mantra meditation, and chanting before asana if that counts.

Yes, sambhavi is a part of it as well, all automatic.

You make no mention of the smile in the lesson, however, and I'm really intrigued by this. It started a while back, very subtle, but now its huge, and always with mouth closed. Can you share anything about this?

Mulabahnda is really crazy. Its so interesting to have these very physical sensations along with ecstatic bliss. Its like the material and energetic worlds combining.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  10:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TTN:

Smile is joy, and joy is stillness in motion -- a natural result of purification and opening.

Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000