Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Khechari second stage - now what
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zero

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  6:07:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hari OM

Just last week after intense longing and push with finger, the tongue went behind and finally stayed stuck inside. The tongue would slip out if I tried to close mouth. Finally it stayed with mouth closed. I kept it that way and now it can be pushed up a little. It touches something that feels like a ridge (just like the frenulum attached to the tongue below). How many ridges are there and what is that?
Does anybody have a reference cross sectional picture of what it looks like up there?

If I push the tongue more up, it puts pressure on the eyebrow center and I feel pressure in the heart center. Meditation seems to have deepened but no fireworks yet! I was feeling giddy for past two days ever since I tried pushing up. Today it is not that giddy.

Just as a background, I have been practicing talavya kriya for 2 and half years and no cutting involved. I also practiced little bit of tongue pulling with towel (as Shanti had pointed in one of the posts).

I have been reading this forum for past 3 years and immensely great full for everybody here. I feel this forum has been a great motivator for my practice and thank you Yogani.

With Love

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  11:30:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi zero,

Welcome

Perhaps you have seen this by Yogani:
http://www.aypsite.org/kechari_image1.html

Wikipedia has this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_septum
along with this view from the back:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:O...%C3%A9ny.PNG

I have made it to a sort of stage 1.5 where I feel the air from my nose brush across the whole length of the tongue. I cannot comment on the terrain beyond that.

Namaste,

Bewell
Go to Top of Page

zero

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  11:02:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bewell

Thanks for the nasal septum links. Yes, I have studied Yogani's sketches. I must be touching the tip just as it shows in stage 2 but the texture is interesting. I have not explored much as staying or little pressure more up is putting pressure on the eyebrow center.

I was (just like you) at the uvula gate since last year and was kind of stuck there, not progressing at all. Then finally I started using finger frequently during the day and kept the tongue behind uvula with finger support. I think this made the soft palette to open up.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  12:09:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Zero,
only suggestion is to either try the search on kechari, or look through the support forum posts of Yogani book since those cover the earlier discussions, and it is likely something there would answer your question. The sample of it contains quite a few pages on kechari if you search for it as it is.

Like Bewell, I'm also at about stage 1.5, and soon the only other option would be consistent stretching. During practice it's still pre-stage 1 kechari despite the amount of time I've spent in it (a decade). Touching the meeting point between hard and soft palates still strains the tongue muscles. This has not changed so far even with a lot less frenum left.
Go to Top of Page

zero

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  1:46:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi AumNaturel

Thanks for the PDF. I also found quite detailed posts on khechari using the forum search

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2013 :  07:24:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Aum and Bewell,

Did you snip or stretch or both?

A few years ago, in a fit of Bhakti I decided to snip. That lasted 3 days - the snipping didn't seem natural to me and sort of fell away. I've been quite content with Stage I. Recently I discovered that the tongue does indeed extend beyond the uvula, but not upwards.. So I've taken up talabya kriya as an experiment. Was reading about Yogani's response in another old thread, which is encouraging for anyone wanting to progress in kechari:

You know, as I look back, significant progress with kechari in my case was measured in decades, not even years, and certainly not in months or weeks. I was on the path 15 years before there was enough ecstatic conductivity occurring to send me in the direction of kechari. And it has been a couple of decades of gradual development since then. The point is, this is a long term gig, not an overnight event.

Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2013 :  5:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kami,

I'm still in my first decade of snipping. Not much stretching, except for stretching toward the mudra. From early on, I experienced the pleasure of activating the energetic channel by means of attention, noticing the sensation of air in the nasal passages and lifting the base of the tongue up toward the nasal passages. Sometimes I feel that energetic sensitivity is enough for me without further snipping. Other times, the desire for the physicality of the mudra surges and I start to snip again. It is nice to know that Yogani did it over decades. That is encouraging of my slow, gradual progress.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2013 :  7:20:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kami, talabya kriya seems very odd to me, using so much effort, adding tension to the jaw, and then holding it for a long time. I've observed the frenum is quite fine 'giving way' and then healing, and so helping it out with snipping is as natural as other processes. Seeing the progress is rewarding too, though given how easily it can recede, in a way it's reassuring there's still more left to snip with the hope that it can make kechari 1 easier, and kechari 2 more realistically achievable.

Otherwise, I'm pondering on whether leveraging vacuum cup therapy to stretch the tongue's reach could make the process easier. In practice, it does work very well, but I'm not sure if the sustained pressure can be harmful to the tongue and its receptors. Plus, it would be helpful to find out more about what kind of stretching schedule to keep in order to make progress, and set a way to measure it accurately both as an incentive and a way of keeping track to what works.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2013 :  09:31:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Bewell and Aum.

By natural, I meant having the motivation to do it regularly, which I seem to lack with certain practices (this, amaroli..). I would snip one day and forget all about it for many days and by then, the fire to continue would be lukewarm.. Clearly my bhakti is not leading me that way for whatever reason.. I would snip without any value judgment whatsoever.

You are right Aum, talabya is indeed a lot of effort.. Have to see how long it lasts.. What is vacuum cup therapy??

Love you both, my incredibly radiant friends. Cannot wait to see you again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000