Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 the fear-mongering continues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2013 :  01:12:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Have you guys been following the series of alarmist articles alleging the terrible dangers of yoga by Mr. Broad in the NY Times? Here is my response to his latest:

http://blog.lothlorienyoga.com/2013...visited.aspx

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2013 :  08:57:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Radharani,

Thanks--I enjoyed reading your reply. Oh and it's true, don't beds strike you as an elaborate and expensive way of sleeping? And to think that such comforts make us more prone to injury! As for Broad's arguments, I wonder what he is really getting at. Forgive my speculation.

In the past, my own argumentative war path was representative of conflict with myself and the world. Nature, the cosmos, what is, God--how can we presume to know through our declarations? Does it matter if they are empirical, rationalist, or intuitive in form, if all are branches of the same root? The cycle of soil to sky demonstrates one commonality in its myriad appearances: nutriment. The earth nourishes roots, and they grow to trunks, which branch into leaves, which caress the heavens. They bear fruits, which fall and feed the earth again. In every moment, there is knowledge and ignorance--so there is always a lesson to learn, a lesson of genuine value--food for our evolutionary journey.

Love and Light

Edited by - Anima on Nov 13 2013 09:35:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2013 :  11:39:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anima Deorum

Hi Radharani,

Thanks--I enjoyed reading your reply. Oh and it's true, don't beds strike you as an elaborate and expensive way of sleeping? And to think that such comforts make us more prone to injury! As for Broad's arguments, I wonder what he is really getting at. Forgive my speculation.

In the past, my own argumentative war path was representative of conflict with myself and the world. Nature, the cosmos, what is, God--how can we presume to know through our declarations? Does it matter if they are empirical, rationalist, or intuitive in form, if all are branches of the same root? The cycle of soil to sky demonstrates one commonality in its myriad appearances: nutriment. The earth nourishes roots, and they grow to trunks, which branch into leaves, which caress the heavens. They bear fruits, which fall and feed the earth again. In every moment, there is knowledge and ignorance--so there is always a lesson to learn, a lesson of genuine value--food for our evolutionary journey.

Love and Light

Dear Anima Deorum,

Thanks, and yes, I too "wonder what he is really getting at"?! Like, was his ex-wife a yoga teacher, or left him for a yogi, and all this is perhaps an expression of his bitterness towards her?? Or is there perhaps some economic motive, e.g., he owns lots of stock in a pharmaceutical company (many studies have shown that yoga reduces the need for medications, and my own students have testified to this)?? One really has to wonder...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000