Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Crawling sensation in head!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  07:25:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
I am increasingly feeling a crawling sensation on my head. Its more marked during yoga but also comes at other times. Don't know what it is. Is it alarming. Please advise......regards.

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  08:56:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amitraghat,
It is one of the symptoms of kundalini activating. Nothing to worry about. If it gets uncomfortable - reduce your time of practices.

http://www.aypsite.org/69.html
=================================
Even in the smoothest kundalini awakening there will be some symptoms. There can be some aching and/or heat around the extremities of the spinal nerve, just as you described – third eye and root. With easy spinal breathing and meditation they should not become extreme. If they do, back off practices somewhat, as recommended, and try some of the further measures mentioned below. Many other things can happen: Light burning sensations here and there. Some lurching of the body or sudden movement of air from the lungs during practices. The feeling of insects crawling on the limbs, or little pricks like they are biting occasionally during the day. Strange feelings in the feet that are both pleasurable and itchy at the same time -- this can be smoothed by walking regularly. It can happen in the hands too. There can also be a varied assortment of goose bumps, occasional shivers, sexual arousal, inner buzzing and humming sounds, hot pinpricks, slight headaches, and other weird sensations. All of this stuff settles down in time. To the extent any of it remains, it is overshadowed by the experience of pure bliss consciousness and divine ecstasy coming from inside. You will find things like these in a normal kundalini awakening. All of them are symptoms of obstructions coming out, making way for a new life in unending ecstasy.
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  08:57:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I don't know if we are talking about the same thing, but if it is, it should feel nice.
At least it does to me... Anyways, if it is not causing any discomfort, then let it be.
I myself enjoy it when it comes.
If you do have any discomfort or instability in everyday activity, you might want to check this lesson: http://www.aypsite.org/69.html
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  08:59:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi mathurs,
we cross-posted
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  10:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mykal : No probs!
Go to Top of Page

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  9:23:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
Thank you Mykal and Mathurs. Its reassuring to find that the crawling sensation is not a cause for worry. Its not uncomfortable, this sensation. Rather its pleasurable but weird that's why I was worried. But thanks and thanks to you for being around. Lay people would neither understand and nor appreciate these manifestations and so your help is invaluable.
Thanks again friends....
Go to Top of Page

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2013 :  11:59:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mykal and mathurs,
In the last post, which was several days before, we discussed about crown activity. Let me give a brief account if the progress till now-
1. I restricted my yoga practise to once a day. However, i felt this craving as an addict feels for a drug. Ultimately, i increased the time of the one session slightly.
2. The crawling sensation in the top of the head decreased, but as soon as i do moolbandh, it starts again and continues for some time.
3. Further, the crawling sensation moves on my body during meditation and more during samyama. Once it travelled to my chest and two days before it travelled to my tail bone and spread out there.
4. I feel some twitching or movement in the tail bone area after pranayam.
5. Recently i have started feeling a vibration in the nails of my fingers. This is more perceptible in the middle finger of the right hand.
6. Sitting in Siddhasana is causing stiffness and pain in my left knee, but its not too much so as to interfere.
7. A heavy, slightly burning sensation in my eyes.
8. Diminished appetite.
Now what is going on? Are the signs alarming? Please guide someone. At times i feel as if i am walking on an unknown path in darkness. Help would be welcome.
Thanks and regards.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2013 :  01:51:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear amitraghat
No cause for alarm. Unless there is extreme discomfort, you are doing very well. You are now becoming more aware of your life force and how it moves around the body.
It takes a little getting used to.
I think you should stick to your twice daily practice but reduce the length of them rather than making one sitting too long and dropping the second one.

Best of luck

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2013 :  05:23:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi amitraghat,
for the knee you could do some calisthenics excercies for the legs. Some stretching afterwards as well. Use your feeling so you do not cause more pain. Just warming the muscles and gentle stretching.
Maybe you could change the seat when it starts to get painfull/stiff or just straighten the leg. I do not see why you should suffer to hold on to siddhasana.
As for the rest, Sey pretty much covered it. If your everyday activity is ok and there is not too much discomfort, then no worries.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2013 :  06:19:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi amitraghat,

this has happened recently to me too.
Go to Top of Page

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2013 :  07:43:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Sey, Mykal and will power!
Your replies are reassuring as always. Willpower, why don't we keep our experiences posted here as we seem to be progressing together?
I will follow your advice Sey and Mykals.
Thanks and regards. You guys give invaluable help.
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2013 :  9:33:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi amitraghat,

I can confirm the re-assurance posts of others. I too have experienced such sensations in the past, more so during times of retreat with increased sadhana.

The symptoms pass and are not to be worried about.

As for the knee, that is something to be a little careful about. It may be sufficient to choose another sitting posture for a few days/week or pay closer attention to the way you sit. If the knee discomfort persists, certain asanas help depending on the cause of the discomfort. Vajrasana, Paschimottanasana and Padahastasana usually help strengthening the bones and knees; that is if you do them in a way that does not bring your knees in any discomfort.
And in daily activities: Simply stairwalking or stairrunning is great exercise for knees. Even people with huge injuries in their knees recover total knee strength by doing this along with bicycling.

Wish you well

Omsat

Go to Top of Page

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2013 :  09:13:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Omsat!
Thanks for the post. Thankfully i have a very active lifestyle and i hope if i add running up stairs, as per your advice, i will get over the knee problem.
I will try to incorporate the valuable suggestions given by all of you. I will also keep you all posted about my progress, suggestions and guidance.
Thanks and regards.
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2013 :  02:07:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi amitraghat,

You're most welcome.

Wish you the best with the knee and practices..

Omsat

Go to Top of Page

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2013 :  01:35:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,
Things are better now after some much needed advice from Yogini, specially about the knee problem that I was suffering as a result of Siddhasana. So im back on track again. The welcome crawling sensation has returned. Apart from that i feel as if some sort of whirring air current forms over my head during pranayam practise.
What I wanted to know from those who are far more experienced than this humble self, is that invariabely i urinate after finishing pranayam. Is it normal? Is it an alarming sign?
Thanks and regards.
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2013 :  03:26:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
if you are doing spinal bastrika, then no wonder .
Make sure to empty your bladder before practicing - I do it once before the asanas, and once more before SBP. Then I have no problem with bastrika. I know that the interval between is relatively small, but somehow for me the second one is often needed. Maybe the asanas do something in that regard? They seem to for me.
Other pranayam practices don't make it an issue for me. But then again, I always had this habit. When I missed it, I got the urge to empty the bladder while doing bastrika - it really seems to affect it in me.
If you have no problems otherwise, I think you can relax about it.
Go to Top of Page

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2014 :  02:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone,
I'm posting after quite some time. I've been continuing the practices with small breaks. Reason is this. The vibrations were becoming too much. Occasionally I also felt as if a small fan was blowing wind on the top of my head, like a circular motion. It was somewhat unnerving and I decided to take a small break. I've however reverted back to the practices, limiting myself to spinal breathing and moolbandh, accompanied with meditation and samyama. I'm however worried that the peculiar sensation on my head will return. Please help.
regards.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000