Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Illness?????
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  10:35:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
I have been continuing with AYP yoga since the last one and half month now and appear to be doing fairly well. I had however arrived at a plateau, which i envison as a blockage but which would lead me to the next stage. Queries about "diminishing returns" were resolved by helpful advices of co-members and i am very greatful to them. Now the question-
I have suffered from a bad allergic reaction as a result of which my sinus got heavily clogged and the headache was excruciating. I have an allergy to dust. Anyhow i took medications but skipped Yoga for 24 hours. Now, i do hope i did the right thing, but should i have continued nevertheless? Im feeling a lot better now, in the evening of the 29th. Is it ok if i commence my practices from tomorrow?
Replies would be helpful.
thanks & regards.

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  3:55:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear amitraghat,
It is important to listen to your body and be gentle with yourself. Sometimes illness warrants taking a break, especially when you are having difficulty breathing. Yoga is a pleasure, not something forced on ourselves. Continue your practice as soon as you feel up to it.

I have some experience with this myself, having a chronic illness. Sometimes I need to take a day off from formal practices.

But, the good news is, as you continue your practice over the years, eventually it will take over for you! Then even on the days when your body might not be up to the usual routine, you may still find yourself in a state of meditation just from thinking a devotional thought, even if you are lying sick in bed.

Hope you feel much better soon!
Go to Top of Page

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2013 :  03:05:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Radharani,
I did the right thing then. And by the grace of God, i am ok now. Did my morning session and i am feeling wonderful. You are right about not forcing the body. Patience and faith are important here, its apparent.
thanks again,
yours sincerely....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000