Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Spinal Breathing question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

terestrial

Greece
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2013 :  8:01:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi

i would like to ask you something about spainal breathing . I dont realy understand the method . Is it just a visualisation of an image (that way i cant see how interacts with the actual nerve) or i shoud someway focus on something (sensations ?) at the real place of spinal nerve or something different and what ? I mean , what the focus of my attention to the actual place of my nerve tube (or even worse a complete imaginable tube) has to do with the actual nerve tube use and possibilities ?

Just to mention that i meditate on mandra and i would like to incorporate the breathing but im skeptical about it , thinking that i could spent the time better extending my meditation .

I would appriciate your thoughts and help on this issue and i would like to hear any personal experience about any advantages of the spinal brathing as detectable differences in your practise that would justify the 1/3 of time commitment

Thank you very much and as a new to the forum to say a big hallo to everyone
(sorry for my english )

Edited by - terestrial on Oct 27 2013 8:05:30 PM

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2013 :  10:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Terestrial and welcome.

You start with visualizing, however you can, tracing a route from root to brow, and back again along the spinal nerve. It does not have to follow the exact anatomy. Just by doing this, a subtle sensation will become more obvious with time and practice. It will be something tactile, something you can feel. It might be very subtle, but it does not matter. So it is either or even both visualization and sensation. Keep it simple for now, go with whatever works. Make it enjoyable. The extra air is refreshing and energizing.

Visualizing (directed intent) and breath combined move energy. When you do it over nerves, especially the spine, it affects you both at the biological level and at finer states of being. Bringing in extra oxygen alone facilitates meditation. Meditation with a mantra is called deep meditation here, because it leaves the breathing alone. Other types of meditation can combine all sorts of breathing during meditation. Instead, in AYP, the breathing aspects are done in preparation prior to meditation. That way, you are helping to deepen meditation without having to extend the time spent in it.

Give spinal breathing a try, and be easy and pay attention to how it makes you feel. When your thoughts wander, like when skepticism comes up or whether you should be doing it in certain ways, gently return to the visualization. Repeat this as often as necessary. Then go on with meditation, and form a habit. After a week, a month, maybe a year, you will be able to see what your body and intuition say about spinal breathing from a deeper perspective than the mind can. It is first-hand experience, not theory.

Personal experience, I too started with simple meditation. Soon after, the breath and energy side became equally important. I now enjoy the energy and breathing aspects as much as the meditation, and could never imagine doing just one without the other. I have done more energy practices at one point, and always missed the meditation component. They go together, and it it's something you feel, you sense, you intuit. At that level, the surface mind must be left behind.

Let us know if you need anything clarified, or have any more questions.
Go to Top of Page

terestrial

Greece
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2013 :  04:40:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much AumNaturel for your extensive answer . I will try it
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2013 :  01:59:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with AumNaturel! Spinal breathing will definitely enhance your experience.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000