Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Declining effects
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  06:17:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
I have recently joined the group/site. I have been practicing yoga since the last about one month. In the intial phase, the results were encouraging. Body pain dwindled away, i felt very energetic and best of all, i experienced flushes of indescribable pleasure. I continued with the practices. I do spinal pranayam, then sitting in Siddhasan I do pranayam with moolbandha, uddyana, ujjayi and jalandhar bandh.
Problem is that I feel great immediately after finishing yoga and often go in a trance like situation, but nothing after that!
All the earlier pleasurable sensations have gone. Im feeling rather dejected and dispondent and unsure about my path. Please guide.

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  08:29:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amitraghat

Don't worry, just keep practising. Over time the effects meditating will flow out into your daily activities, and you will experience what you've described twenty-four hours a day. There will be ups and downs, but they will level out.

This thread has a lot of useful info: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....=diminishing

All the best!
Go to Top of Page

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  10:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello woosa,
Thanks for the help. I did check out the discussion on diminishing returns and felt inspired. I have decided to continue the practices with renewed vigour and faith. Hope things improve with time.
my pranams.....
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2013 :  01:30:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Amitraghat,

You've been practicing for just one month? these things take time! Please continue your practice, as Woosa said. Don't worry about whether or not you have "pleasurable sensations." Many people don't experience much of anything for years; it sounds like you are off to a good start!
Go to Top of Page

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2013 :  04:04:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Radharani,
Thanks for the encouragement. So far as my experiences in perhaps a relatively short time are concerned, maybe its because of a different spiritual grounding and way of life we have in India. Have faith in Lord Shiva, for He is the propounder of Ashtang Yoga. He resides in the Sahsrar to which Shakti, as kundalini shakti, has to meet. Also, I'm undebted to the Guru , Yogani, and this AYP site. Its comprehensive and marvellous and is in conformity with the teachings ancient yoga texts of India.
regards....
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2013 :  05:09:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Amitragat,

These things not only take time but Self-pacing (Lesson found here if you have not read it yet) http://www.aypsite.org/38.html is crucial for sustainable progress. Sounds like you are taking on a lot for the short time you've been at it. At AYP we have a saying "It's a marathon not a sprint" so please do take due care. Good luck

Sey
Go to Top of Page

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2013 :  09:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sey,
Thanks for the words of caution. And no, i am not doing much. I mean half hour in the morning and another half hour in the evening as I have a terribly busy schedule. But steadily, i have devised a step-by-step of doing yoga. I don't stress myself and try to be comfortable while doing it. But thanks for your advice and concern. Frankly, I am surprised! Its very rare to find a caring and concerned soul in the present era of materialism and your message, like the messages of others, has only strengthened our mutual bond and dedication towards a common pursuit.
Thanks again and hope we all remain in touch.
regards...
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  04:40:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Amitraghat,

It is always a pleasure to add a word here and there, hoping to be of help. Do I correctly understand that you do not do any meditation but only the Energy component of Yoga? i.e. pranayama with associated bandhas? If that is the case...and given what you say you would like to achieve.. you may wish to add Deep Meditation (DM) to your practices. At AYP, Deep Meditation is considered a very important core practice. http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

Sey
Go to Top of Page

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2013 :  2:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey,
Thanks for the post. And Yes. I do deep meditation too. I have gone through the deep meditation lesson and i immediately do it after pranayam/ yoga practices. In fact, earlier i used to do shav aasan. But i have sustituted it with deep meditation as i felt a bodily/mental urge towards it that appeared to come automatically.
Interestingly, I had some doubts in concentrating on IAM as a mantra for meditation. Problem was that I could not identify it considering my spiritual grounding. I resolved the issue with Yogani who informed me that IAM was a sanskrit mantra. In sanskrit its pronounced as AYAM! But still i am more comfortable with the more traditional OM , as all our sanskrit mantra invocations begin with it.
I don't really know as to how well i am progressing with DM or whether i do it "deeply" enough or not! But i am trying with DM. I do it in Siddhasan concentrating on OM. Bu the way, i have found immense respect for Yogani after reading Hathyog Pradeepika. You can read it on wikisource. Its a seminal work on kundalini yoga.
Thanks again and regards......
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2013 :  06:08:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like you're good to go.

Much love and respect

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000