Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kundalini energy help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

majinbell

India
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  3:16:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone, I have been into meditation for a while but this is my first post.

Here is some background, you can skip this para if it does not intrest you. I meditated casually, around 20-30 minutes a day, for around a month and then went for a 10 day vipassana course around 2 months ago. I made progress very smoothly and developed my awareness and concentration. After that I started to practice kundalini yoga which came very natrually to me since once I just sat down and started long breathing, my breaths can get very slow with each breath lasting more than 10 minutes easily, and could feel my awarness move up the spinal cord slowly and down with the out breath. I practised kundalini yoga, techniques of kriya yoga which involve revolving the energy around the spine for roughly 3 hrs a day for a month. During that time I let go of alot of things I was stuck to and got alot calmer. Now I am back in college and try and practise 1.5 hrs a day with keeping a mantra in my head through most of the day, except maybe studying.

So to the problem. I feel like I dont have enough energy, I know kundalani is supposed to release energy stored in the chakras and I feel the chakras pulsating and giving off energy during meditation but throughout the day, say when I am speaking to someone, I dont feel very energetic and thoughts dont flow. I normally feel like being quiet and feel like thinking about nothing and just keeping my mind blank, thats when I just observe the sensations on my nose. My diet has changed with me eating much ligter food now. I just do not understand why I feel unenergized. I get a wavery feeling of love often and I know my ego is becoming softer but my body isn't that active. Can someone please help me? I feel like my mind/heart/consciousness is falling in love but my body is becoming weaker.

Love all
OM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  4:10:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Majinbell,
Welcome to the AYP forums.

You meditate using the AYP deep meditation technique for 1.5 hrs? And you repeat the same mantra (presuming you are still with the first mantra 'I am') all day?

And if not, and you are practicing some other meditation technique, 1.5 hrs is too long.

Either way feeling lethargic is a sign of overloading, cut back on your meditation time (or stop for a bit if needed) and ground.

Hope you feel better soon.
Go to Top of Page

majinbell

India
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  5:53:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! Not exactly using AYP techniqe strictly but somewhat similar and verified ones. I actually use the mantra Om Nama Shivaya. What exactly do you mean by "ground"?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  8:51:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cut back on practices ... meditation takes you inwards and if you do it for long it is hard to move outward and work in this world.
Grounding is walking, being active, eating heavier, staying away from spiritual stuff only till you find your balance, then continue with walking and being active and short practice sessions twice a day.
A balance is good, it is not all or nothing. Practice for 20 min twice a day and then go out and live your life. You work on getting in touch with your inner silence during practices and then go out into the world and let the inner silence manifest itself.
Hopefully you will feel better soon.
Go to Top of Page

Indigoism

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  2:21:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have had this similar experience with kundalini energy myself. What helped for me at least was my solar plexus chakra was at some blockage or something so I just did meditation methods on opening/cleaning this chakra.

quote:
Originally posted by majinbell

Hello everyone, I have been into meditation for a while but this is my first post.

Here is some background, you can skip this para if it does not intrest you. I meditated casually, around 20-30 minutes a day, for around a month and then went for a 10 day vipassana course around 2 months ago. I made progress very smoothly and developed my awareness and concentration. After that I started to practice kundalini yoga which came very natrually to me since once I just sat down and started long breathing, my breaths can get very slow with each breath lasting more than 10 minutes easily, and could feel my awarness move up the spinal cord slowly and down with the out breath. I practised kundalini yoga, techniques of kriya yoga which involve revolving the energy around the spine for roughly 3 hrs a day for a month. During that time I let go of alot of things I was stuck to and got alot calmer. Now I am back in college and try and practise 1.5 hrs a day with keeping a mantra in my head through most of the day, except maybe studying.

So to the problem. I feel like I dont have enough energy, I know kundalani is supposed to release energy stored in the chakras and I feel the chakras pulsating and giving off energy during meditation but throughout the day, say when I am speaking to someone, I dont feel very energetic and thoughts dont flow. I normally feel like being quiet and feel like thinking about nothing and just keeping my mind blank, thats when I just observe the sensations on my nose. My diet has changed with me eating much ligter food now. I just do not understand why I feel unenergized. I get a wavery feeling of love often and I know my ego is becoming softer but my body isn't that active. Can someone please help me? I feel like my mind/heart/consciousness is falling in love but my body is becoming weaker.

Love all
OM

Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2013 :  7:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi majibell

Welcome!!

I agree with what Shanti said. I think that saying a mantra all the time while being in the world is also practice and therefore gets you to be inside-focused, and this might explain why you are withdrawn and don't feel like talking. I suggest exactly Shanti's suggestion, find one or two times during the day when you do spiritual practices and focus on the practice during those times. Then when in the world be active and do what you do without the spiritual practice focus, this might help with the "grounding" that Shanti said, to come down from the "heavens" and be "earthly" for a while so to say. Because when doing practices spiritual energy is building and the body might not be used to this large amount of energy. I learned it the hard way that the balance between the spiritual focus and earthly mundane focus is very important. Too much spiritual practice can bring unneeded overload on the body, and so we need to find the right balance for us.

As a side note I also repeat a mantra "Om Mani Padme Hum" during the day for short whiles, but my sitting practice is pretty dwindled down at this time because just a little practice for me can create a big energetic effect.

Namaste and all the best on your path!!
Go to Top of Page

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  11:16:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,
I agree with this experience. I too started feeling heavy flushes of energy, started losing sleep and my diet went down. Moolbandha in Siddhasan perhaps worked the opposite way for me and I gradually became disinterested in sex! I however worked as well as before, my mind becoming more sharp and wakeful. Gradually, i have restored my balance but for the sexual part. And frankly, i don't know what to do about it. Help would be welcome.
regards....
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  6:34:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi amitraghat

I have experienced it too at some points, where the sexual drive was lowered, and I think it can happen because the kundalini energy wants to rise upwards instead of being spent on sexual acts. I see this as natural Brahmacharya happening (natural celibacy or abstinence), because of changes and evolution in the kundalini energy (which Yogani describes as sexual energy). I don't think this should concern you, those periods pass (unless you continue them intentionally), and the sexual drive returns to normal, this is my experience so please anybody correct me if I said something wrong.

In any case don't worry everything is really natural and nothing wrong or bad is happening, follow what the body is telling you with your needs (that can also relate to changes in diet and other areas in your life).

Go to Top of Page

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2013 :  04:16:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yonatan,
Thanks for your reply. It was reassuring. And i do hope the phase passes away before i am kicked out by my wife!
my sincere thanks again.....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000