Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Help on Siddhasana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  10:15:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
I have been very stable in my routine since more than a year (10 min SBP and 20 min DM twice a day,with Mulabandha and Sambhavi); so few weeks ago i tried to go forward by introducing Siddhasana;The problem is, although I have been following the right instructions(I think so), I have not yet found that "fountain of ecstasy" that Yogani refers in his lessons (to tell the true, I feel no stimulation at all!); my questions are: is there a trick besides the heel against our perineum? am I undersensitive to Siddhasana(although I am not undersensitive to other practices)?
Please give me some insights, otherwise I will probably give up of this practice (and stop to progress in my path).

Thank you for your answers.
PS:sorry about my bad English...

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  4:25:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joao,

The trick with siddhasana is to make sure there is only a light pressure on the perineum. If the pressure is too strong it won't work, so using a cushion under your tail-bone is often a good idea to start with.

Siddhasana is not a magic bullet though, and it will only produce a "fountain of ecstasy" when the time is right. If you feel that it is premature, then leave it out and come back to it later. You will still be progressing on your path simply by doing your other practices.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  4:49:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot Christi; your advice is really appreciated.
João.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000