AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 kechari, bitter taste?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  12:35:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm getting this extremely bitter taste with kechari mudra. Never tried it until it came naturally one day. But it's a bitter unpleasant taste. Anyone know of this? Will it change?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  08:34:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you drink enough water?

At times, "amrita" (which is released when we get into kechari) can have a metallic/bitter taste if we are dehydrated.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  11:37:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Do you drink enough water?

At times, "amrita" (which is released when we get into kechari) can have a metallic/bitter taste if we are dehydrated.

Drinking tons over here

Very, very bitter. Yes metallic-y. Maybe my diet is acidic or something.

Kecari is nice though, but not so nice that its worth the taste. Its a very physical sensation, not really prana vayu but more like on the level of the body. Very grounded ecstacy
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  11:48:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It could be there is some stored up mucus (sinus congestion) that is being released in kechari and that is what is causing the taste...
If it continues... let us know. And stay hydrated.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  11:53:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Funny, decided to google search this...
looks like someone else kinda agrees with me...

http://thekundaliniprocess.blogspot...i-mudra.html
It could of course be that someone may have gotten a temporary bacterial mucus infection that may have interfered with amrita flow. That can indeed taste bitter depending... but this has nothing to do with amrita itself.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  7:39:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa, interesting. Thanks shanti
Go to Top of Page

Rinaldo

Italy
47 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  08:04:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi tonight,
yesterday for the first time i did stage 2 kechari, over the soft palate.
I felt the same bitter/acid taste. A otorhinoloaryngology surgeon told me
it's acid reflux.
Looks also that is connected with my problem with Turbinate Hypertrophy/Nasal Polyps.
Maybe it's not your situation, but i prefer to share if could help somehow.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000