Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Can I also do guided meditations with AYP DM?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KellyN

75 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2013 :  2:45:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello beautiful people
I was wondering if Is acceptable to also do guided meditations somewhere in between the daily AYP DMs. I always enjoyed guided meditations of love, angels, healing, etc. Kelly Howell and Doreen Virtue in particular. I really like doing relaxation guided meditations righty before I go to sleep. Is this ok to do or is this overdoing it? I really want to be cautious
Thank you
Kelly

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2013 :  4:58:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Adding a meditation session to your AYP could lead to unexpected results. Could it lead to overloading... maybe yes maybe no.

I can tell you that when I first started I did not realize how powerful Yogani's DM is. I was going as fast as I could to reach Yoni Mundra Kumbhaka. I felt real good until I overloaded. After six months of slowing down and being able to feel the energy I was extremely happy with 5 minutes of SP and 15 minutes of DM.

AYP can be very deceptive. If you feel drawn to adding more meditation sessions ... well just be careful. Overloading can build up over time and hit you when you don't expect it.
Go to Top of Page

KellyN

75 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  09:22:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Jonesboy,
You are probably right and I don't want to push anything that will ultimately potentially harm me. Btw, I was reading about yoni mudra kumbhaka and it seems really complicated and I could not even envision how it all works, with the fingers, neck, and breath retention, and stomach involved. A clear sign I am not there yet, huh? Although, my stomach automatically constricts when I exhale in SPB and mulabhanda. I have been automatically holding my breath at the top as well, at tnird eye. And my tongue is always at the roof of my mouth when in DM. Don't know why I was doing that but it happened naturally and then I noticed I was doing it. I went back to my usual SPB. I wasn't doing the other maneuvers with the hands or neck. Anyway, I had been in consistent DM for almost a year before and then took several months off. I am coming back to it now and feel so much desire to inwardly reconnect.
Thanks again,
K
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  11:01:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
KellyN,

As far as Yoni mudra.. no I would have to look it up on youtube to be honest to figure it out. I don't think it really is a matter of being ready or not. The tongue moving to the roof of the mouth is a good sign. It is usally a really good session when that happens. It is like a circuit is being closed and good things are happening. To learn more about what the tongue is really doing read up on Kechari Mudra.

Much
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000