New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  9:36:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share some stuff thats been happening with me more and more lately and see if others are having an similar experiences. I've been waking up in the middle of the night quite a frequently over the past few months, with the feeling of a presence or an entity nearby. Sometimes it feels warm and benevolent and occasionaly I will receive some sort of shaktipat. Other times the presence will give me a creeped out uneasy feeling and may be preceded by an unsettling dream.

With increasing frequency, I will wake up and "see" something dark hovering over me, but it quickly fades as I come to full waking consciousness. Not sure if its a dream fragment or whether something is really there. And then a couple weeks ago, I woke up and saw the image of little girl ~3yrs old sitting on my bed smiling at me. I blinked my eyes once or twice before it disappeared.

I'm not sure what, if anything, is going on...whether its dream fragments or my perceptual field opening up to notice other entities that may be hanging around. Oh, and I've had a string of days waking up at 3am on the dot and also periodically seeing/ sensing some movement in my peripheral vision during the day but nothing is there when I turn to check it out.

I'm curious if others have thoughts on this or have had similar experiences and would care to share.

Love!

KellyN

75 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  11:53:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Parallax,
I have not necessarily seen anything like that but I went through a period in which anything electronic turned itself off or just went haywire on me, lights above my head would flicker on and off when I would come into the kitchen, and then several times I saw little lights float by and or toward me. Once, I saw a flash, like from a camera except there was no camera. Also, I have heard things. When I was coming out of my room I heard a man sigh right by my right ear. I also heard a woman groan in pain in my left ear when I mediated. I have sensed the presence of a being in front of me while in meditation too, this was right after I saw a bright light while my eyes were closed. I think that if I actually saw someone in my room or on my Bed, I would be so completely freaked!! I also went through months of dreaming of police officers who just watched me from afar but never really did anything. I think meditation certainly does open us up to the subtle energies. But perhaps someone more experienced than I am can answer your questions.
Blessings to you and a good night sleep too :)

Kelly

Edited by - KellyN on Sep 17 2013 11:56:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  01:28:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Parallax,

I've been through almost the exact same things you are describing for many years... At a time I used to wake up almost every day at 3am really scared... But when I've met Yacin in precise as far as I remember... This whole thing changed and I started waking up daily at 4 am with an intense longing for prayer... Now, this whole thing has stopped being a daily habit after I started self pacing my prayers and yoga practices... But I still get many experiences regarding high and low entities.. If this is what we may call them... a Sufi friend recently told me, it's all inside us... The dark and the white in us manifest themselves... Prayer has given me peace... Hope this helps...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  05:11:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Paralax,

No, I have not experienced a lot of the kind of strange night visitors you describe, but I have experienced a few, enough to have a few suggestions.

Do you tend to wake up lying on your back? If so, you could reduce that kind of experience by practicing sleeping on your side. Also, sitting up in a vertical position and walking can shift consciousness. Also, cultivate a capacity to release such experiences in the silence.

Wishing you peaceful rest,

Edited by - bewell on Sep 18 2013 05:30:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  08:37:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
See me there ever (esp. those dark somethings hovering over you)?
Just kidding.

quote:
And then a couple weeks ago, I woke up and saw the image of little girl ~3yrs old sitting on my bed smiling at me. I blinked my eyes once or twice before it disappeared.

People (including my dad) have seen Ma Kali as a little girls. Maybe she was visiting eh?
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  11:46:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parallax,
I have to say Bewell's suggestion is spot on to my experience. I can't help finding myself sleeping on my back sometimes, probably 'in transit' to changing sides but falling asleep half-way, but that kind of sleep definitely affects the type of dreams I get. It is however a comfortable position, and for this reason I wish I could fall asleep more in it.

My bioclock is also very sensitive like that. Just waking up once at a specific time can establish a pattern, on the dot, just by the mental note. I try to ignore it and it stops happening usually.

The type of mind-sight or whatever it's called has always been of my room, usually looking without color or darker than in early morning light creeping through the blinds. The latest attempt to get into trance did result in my seeing a vague shape near me for a millisecond, like a rock or undefined face in place of a head, and part of me did yell out (!) briefly since my room has always been empty in the struggle to 'see' and move into the dream. At another level overlaying that reaction, I was very curious and delighted to get somewhere even if short of the goal. I relaxed and sleep paralysis faded, unfortunately. Trance is unusual like that, where sequence of events mix up, and contradictory feelings of peace and fear can coexist. Like part of you is witness, part is reacting autonomously.

If it is bothersome, you can try to ignore it in memory. Paying attention might set up a sort of feedback. Really interesting though. Keep us posted if you'd like.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  12:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parallax ,

It seems to me your awareness is growing in an explosive way, to be able to see things that were probably always there? However, it is spooky. It seems most of us here probably sense things like this at one time or other - in my case, I try to ignore it, not wanting to get caught up in my own mind stories about it. The times when I do sense a presence, I've tried (sometimes successfully, other times not) to switch back to observe my own reaction to it, watching as fear and discomfort arise and fall. It does not always work, particularly if I'm alone in a lonely, dark place.

One thing that works without fail for me in any uncomfortable situation is japa/mantra. There are some very powerful mantras for these types of thing, and they work 100% of the time. Invoking one's own Ishta does the same thing, of course.. If woken up in the middle of the night with the mantra resounding in my head and heart, I know that the dream/situation must have been unpleasant and was warded off subconsciously.

Either way, you are soaring my dear friend!

Much love to you.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  1:12:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste, Parallax.

Thank you for sharing these experiences with us. I agree that for me, sleeping on my back becomes uncomfortable due to the sights and sensations it now brings. I don't think your visions are bad. I like them. But you can decide what works for you.

I was having vivid dreams of going mad for some time when I began practices. I was also in an abusive domestic situation, which I fled. Before and after the dreams, I would see moving creatures and sometimes scary faces. During meditation, I would see strange and beautiful Gods and other beings, as well as planes. I also feel things in my subtle bodies, mostly in meditation, but frequently during waking hours as well. Other people can sense it.

A lot of my discomfort has mellowed out as I have become more accepting of myself. It's fun not caring about thoughts, mine or others'. So is your glass half empty or half full? Simply drink when you are thirsty. The glass will always be there.

Love and Light
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  6:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone!

Thanks for all of your wonderful responses!

Kelly, thank you for sharing, sounds like you've had some pretty interesting phenomena going on there as well. I once had something whisper my name into my ear while meditating and also something gently nudge me when I was supposed to wake up for something. Its funny how sometimes the experiences, though strange/freaky, don't bother me out at all and then other times the presence has a definite creepy vibe to it

Ananda thank you as always for generously sharing your experience; sounds like we've had some of the same stuff going on and you hit on something that definitely seems to be the case here: some of the dark things hovering upon waking feels like it is "stuff" purifying out of me. But other times its the noticing of something that seems to have arrived externally. The reality is that inside is out and outside is in, so I guess all of it is in "me" the prayers ALWAYS do the trick these things provoke any uncomfortable feelings...the Jesus Prayer has been a go-to for me

Be: glad you are doing better my friend! Its interesting what you mention about laying on my back. I honestly don't recall what position I'm in when I wake up, but I do know that I can't really fall asleep on my back because it creates pretty intense ecstatic sensations so there is definitely something to that angle. And the releasing in silence is always the best advice of all

Shanti: come to think of it, one of the entities did seem to have long dark hair and a paint brush in one hand If I wake up with a mustache painted on my face, I'll know for sure it was you Can't wait to see you at the retreat!

Aum: I like the line about "part of me did yell out". I have definitely let out an audible gasp when I awake to some of these experiences and on more than one occasion have--in my state of half-sleep--actually tried to kick whatever it was..obviously unsuccessfully

Kami: Thank you my sweet Kami, wonderful spot on advice! The watching of the reaction is something interesting, seeing the mind story that's giving rise to the feeling of fear in the moment. Also interesting to let go of the belief that there is not *supposed* to be something there or that that such phenomena are "scary". These experiences are really all just objects playing in the field of awareness. I'm super grateful to you for guiding me on the japa practice...when this happened a few nights ago I went right to the Durga Mantra and for the past two nights have left a recording of the mantra playing quietly in a different area of the house all night. Have gotten an amazing sleep for 2 nights straight Btw thank you for being a beautiful shining radiance kami-ji

Anima: I am thirsty! And the glass is full to overflowing Thank you for mentioning the part about the accepting of oneself, its something that I've been seeing/working on over the past few months as well. I've been having a bunch of vivid dreams as well as of late, the most recent a couple of nights ago where I was shot ~3x around my heart and spent the rest of the dream staggering around looking for someone to provide me with some medical care Good thing I know an accomplished cardiologist (nudge, nudge kami) Very glad that you took the steps to leave the abusive situation...good luck to you my friend

Thank you all for your sharing and if other experiences come up, please keep posting them!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

KellyN

75 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  11:49:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Quick question,
There were references in the responsesmof two practices, What are the Durga and Japa Mantras?
Thank you!
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2013 :  06:41:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kelly,

The Durga mantra is especially awesome for cutting through fear and negativity (both of internal and external sources), entities, etc. The seed or "bija" mantra for Durga is "Doom" ("d" in Durga and Doom pronounced as in "the" or "father"). The whole mantra is: "Om Doom Durga-yai namaha". This can be repeated silently as a sitting practice (usually 21, 54, or 108 times) or going about the day, and of course, during situations described by Parallax.

Hope this helps.

Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2013 :  11:11:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parallax!

I have memories of phenomena like you described.

I was very young -- around 5, I think. The only clear memory is of a tornado-like black cloud swirling around my open bedroom doorway. I heard it speak in a deep, powerful voice, but I couldn't understand the words. I also felt a very strong, loving presence in the room with me, and the black cloud, whatever it was, couldn't get in. That was a comfort. I huddled under my covers and watched it circle the doorway until I fell asleep. This experience happened fairly often when I was little and then tapered off as I grew older. There were vivid dreams and physical sensations too. None of it ever made sense to me, and I never spoke of it.

Anyways... trying to fill in the blanks now... and this is all conjecture, of course.... This started happening shortly after my Dad went into the ministry. My parents would put me to bed, and then hold prayer meetings in our living room. People would come to have Dad pray over them, and I suspect that they brought their demons with them, so to speak. It seems a really sensitive child could pick up on the emotional turmoil and see it as an energy of some kind. Or maybe the energy was real. I have no way of knowing right now.

The dreams, and physical sensations, and the black cloud thingie appeared less and less often as I grew older and, when I went to Germany for a year as a foreign exchange student (I was 16), they stopped altogether and never came back. I haven't experienced anything like it since.

A ghost story for you...

Love!

Edited by - whippoorwill on Sep 20 2013 11:11:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2013 :  3:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This happens to me a lot when on that frequency. When not - I don't experience a thing. When tuning in to the frequency of entities, I may see whatever beings there is! And there are a lot of beings out there, just as there are many people out there. Sometimes they just want to hang out with you, sometimes they carry a message, sometimes they need your help. I always ask "who are you and what do you want?" and then I take it from there. Then it doesn't matter who or what it is - just a reflection of my own stuff, or actual beings. Most often they seek me when they are tired of hanging around as entities and ask to be guided home. Then I don't have a clue how it works, but I just put out the intention to let Source take them home. And there's usually a great energy surge of some kind and *swop* they're gone. =) I'm totally uninterested, I don't go look for it, it just happens sometimes and I feel I'm called to service, and service is done.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  04:31:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like emc's reply, not trying to get rid of them or not being afraid of them, approaching them with curiosity about why they are here with you now and seeing if there is anything that perhaps I could do as a being grounded to Earth, that they can't do for themselves.

My main experience of this was when my wife was pregnant with my son. I had many visits from a hovering being, which I took to be my son, it just seemed to fit. I also had a very strong experience when my daughter was coming in. So wondering if there is anything going on for you like pregnancies, deaths, forthcoming retreats with evolved beings , etc etc.

Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  09:35:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All of your replies have been fantastic!

Whippoorwill! How are you? Wow your experience would have freaked me out as a child!! I played the Ouija board when I was in my teens, and an entity came through and said that it followed me around but couldn't do anything to me because of "Jesus". And I definitely felt a weird presence around for a few months after that which eventually went away. Crazy stuff

Emc, that is great advice...i had thought to maybe engage and ask them who/what they were but wasn't sure if it was better to ignore them or interact How do you go about "tuning in to their frequency?" I kind of had a sense that there are a lot of entities/beings out there that aren't visible to most, but until recently had not been able to "see" them...and it typically only happens when I'm coming out of a sleep state.

Louis that is a beautiful experience, their souls coming for a visit! As far as I know their are no pregnancies on the way (or I am in big trouble ) but I am about to go on retreat with some evolved AYPers next weekend, so may that is it!

Thank you for your generous sharing
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  09:57:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kami: thank you for sharing a mantra for protection, pronunciation, and how to use it. Been meaning to find one of the sort.
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  09:17:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Parallax

All of your replies have been fantastic!

Whippoorwill! How are you? Wow your experience would have freaked me out as a child!! I played the Ouija board when I was in my teens, and an entity came through and said that it followed me around but couldn't do anything to me because of "Jesus". And I definitely felt a weird presence around for a few months after that which eventually went away. Crazy stuff

Hey, Parallax! I'm doing really well!

Yeah, I was a pretty frightened kid, but I obviously survived.

Also like emc's approach of curiosity and engagement.

Enjoy the retreat! Wish I could be there in person.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  12:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The tuning in happens when I mind it more than usual. Mind creates reality. Everything your fantasy can produce, can manifest. Perhaps I see a TV show where psychic people cleanse houses of entities, I immediately feel what they are doing and then I'm on the same frequency, and they come visit more. Or if I'm in the forest I might start thinking of nature beings, and put out an intention of getting contact and they sometimes respond. Or I read a book about angels, and then I'm tuned into angels. Or I see a film about "the dark side" and then demons show up to say hi. Or I talk to someone about extraterrestials, and the next day I get a visit... If I go to church and pray to Jesus, he shows up and bathes me in his energies... It's all "me". It's all scenery. I don't care anylonger. Before it was a hoot, but not anylonger. And as of no wonder - I haven't been experiencing much lately either. =)

Barry Long once explained the "dead people entities" as this: When a person dies the soul is by necessity going back to source. However, if the person dies quickly, from trauma or assault, or if they die from other reasons but are not finished with this life - they want to stay (often due to children, spouses, attachment to houses etc) there's energy left from their minds and personalities. Small energybubbles that still "hold" the personalities and identity, and they can be left here and live a life of their own. I don't know if it's true, but it's a beautiful explanation that I chose to adapt. It makes it easy to view it as just some old energy that is a bit lost in space, and it's cleansing to send it home since it has done its service here.

But it's a good sign that you start seeing them. It's an opening of the third eye! Have fun! Remember - those who behave like jerks (yes, there are some) can NEVER EVER harm you. The may try to induce fear and they can hit stuff out of your hands and crash a thing or two, but as long as you know you ARE THEM (we're all One and there's only One thing going on here), they have absolutely no impact on you whatsoever, but you are able to affect them, by pure intent. They can seldom stand unconditional love, so that's the quickest way to get them to go *poof*.

Edited by - emc on Sep 22 2013 12:49:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2013 :  7:47:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All!

Whip: You not only survived, you thrived!! Wish you were going to be at the retreat too, you you will be there with us in Spirit...we are all connected

Emc: yes! That is so true...I was watching one of those TV shows about psychic kids about a year ago, and there was a noticeable increase in the number of "things that go bump in the night" all scenery, all "me" Have you had some experiences with the "jerk" entities? Thank you for sharing your experiences...very helpful

Love to all
Go to Top of Page

maverick angel

France
42 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2013 :  1:30:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit maverick angel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Parralax, it could be a shamanic calling.
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2013 :  8:01:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maverick Angel!

So do you mean it could be a calling to become a shaman? Do you have any experience with Shamanism?

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

maverick angel

France
42 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  05:19:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit maverick angel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parralax. Yes, it could be something calling. In some tradtions the spirit of Death becomes the ally of the shaman. For the last few years I have been having what I call a shamanic kundalini awakening. It is classic kundalini but with shamanic themes, such as power animals coming in dreams and waking life, visions, interaction with spirits, Spirit entering into me, being guided to Ayahuasca ect. Michael Dunning, the Yew Shaman is worth checking out. His experience and mine are very similar. A bolt of light came out of the corner of a room and knocked him off his chair, this induced his shamanic sickness. I was given a spectacular light vision, which brought my kundalini to a new level of intensity. He had Spirit flow into him one night, he said it was thick and viscous but also dark. I had Spirit flow into me, also thick and viscous, but loving, like liquid moonlight. He was guided to learn from a yew tree, I was guided to make a drum. I have a Facebook page which brings kundalini, shamanism and other things together if you are interested. https://www.facebook.com/pages/1111...596442894398
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2013 :  03:03:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parallax,

Yes, I've had some encounters with the "jerks". One used to hang out in my kitchen, and crashed some stuff. Seemed like the shelves tipped to 45 degrees whenever I passed by and stuff just fell down. Once I had a friend living with me for a while and he was shocked when he handed me a plate, but before I grabbed it, it was torn out of his hand 90 degrees to the side and then down and crashed in a second. He just stared and gasped. I explained it was the kitchen troll, not his fault. I tried to get rid of it in many different ways, but it was stubborn. Not until I asked it "who are you and what do you want" it got a chance to give its message: It said it was from Atlantis and had been following me for some time and it said: "If you want to be treated like a queen: Act like one!" Then I realized it was only present when I was in a bad mood, irritated, selfish etc. A direct mirror... I thanked it and it was gone. Then I started to mind my mood and haven't been bothered since.

This was one of the nicer ones. I've met others too a bit darker, but the stories are not to tell here. A good advice given to me at the time was: Never go into any deals with them. That will bind you to them and they'll trick you so you're always in dept.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  06:26:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Parallax,

The states between sleep and waking and dreaming are natural doors to other dimensions, and when we are also practitioners of meditation and experiencing reality beyond the normal limited mind/body experience, we can become that much more aware of entities who may drop in to say hello, bless and/or harass us.

I've had many such experiences. In cases where they seem particularly obnoxious or disagreeable, I simply chant japa and/or make the sign of the cross and this inevitably sends them on their way. The name of your ishta never fails.

I try to have compassion towards all such beings and I don't fear them, because even the baddest ones are probably just reflections of my own inner darkness and if anything, they should fear me.
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  6:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Radha!

Thank you for responding. Great advice...I generally try not to pay much attention to such things, but when the energy feels negative, japa and sending love seems to be pretty effective.

Last night I awoke to what looked like some sort of angelic being reaching out to me as she drifted away and then right back to sleep

Much love to you
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  7:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Parallax

Hey Radha!

Thank you for responding. Great advice...I generally try not to pay much attention to such things, but when the energy feels negative, japa and sending love seems to be pretty effective.

Last night I awoke to what looked like some sort of angelic being reaching out to me as she drifted away and then right back to sleep

Much love to you

Much Love to you, too!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000