Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 A doubt about the practices
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  06:42:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
I have been very stable in my routine since more than a year (10 min SBP and 20 min DM twice a day; with Mulabandha,Sambhavi and recently Siddhasana during SBP);
I feel quite blissful during the most of the DM sessions (mainly during the session of late afternoon)- it is a good sensation that is mainly localized in my head,but I have not yet felt the sensation of ecstatic conductivity (a current from the base of the spine up to the third eye-kundalini,you know); my question is if it is possible that my nervous system is simply not wired to experience the ecstatic conductivity and I should give up all the practices aimed to stimulate that kind of energy (included SBP)because it seems not to work with me or should I continue to hold on with all the practices?
Very grateful if someone can give me an advice...

Thank you for your answers.
PS:sorry about my bad English...

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  07:50:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I believe everyone is wired for it.
In your shoes I personally would continue with the practices. One year is not long.
Best to follow inner feeling.

Good luck

Go to Top of Page

Arjuna

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  08:11:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This Soul has been practicing for a few years, and has never experienced anything tangible happening during SBP.
I sympathize with your situation, because without tangible feedback, it can sometimes questionable whether to continue with SBP.
I can only imagine if folks like us were able to feel energy tracing up and down the spinal region might energize our daily practice.
Sometimes I feel like I am broken or damaged. Like I am at the caveman stage of spiritual evolution.
For the time being, this caveman just keeps grunting along with SBP. As I see it, we either continue until we are successful, or we quit.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  08:27:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joao.jlgoncalves

Hi,
I have been very stable in my routine since more than a year (10 min SBP and 20 min DM twice a day; with Mulabandha,Sambhavi and recently Siddhasana during SBP);

If you feel drawn to it, try heart breathing http://www.aypsite.org/220.html

Also, Mykal is right, keep at it, things may open up soon.
Go to Top of Page

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  4:22:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Mykal for your faith; Arjuna, i am somewhat comforted: i am not alone, thanks a lot for sharing (it really helps to persevere in practices);Shanti, thanks for your advice,i have not yet got the time to try heart breathing,but for sure i will and then i´ll give you some news...

thank you all for your answers.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000