Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Arithmetic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2013 :  1:44:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear all,
I am a little worried here. I have noticed slowly over months how bad I am getting at arithmetic. Now I even have a hard time recognizing numbers when spoken. It takes several minutes to search my brain for it.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Sey

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2013 :  1:52:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It hasn't happened to me.

Anyway I think that doing everyday some minutes of arithmetics with those brain games of the phone, IPAD or whatever will be very convenient for you and you'll get better at it in no time.

Best wishes
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2013 :  1:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Take a look at this topic: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1673

Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2013 :  2:17:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is mainly for younger people but I've had fun playing math games here:

http://www.coolmath4kids.com/

Edited by - BillinL.A. on Oct 04 2013 03:41:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2013 :  10:06:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've always been bad at math. Somehow I'm still alive and relatively happy

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  10:19:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all,
My colleagues have noticed this 'oddness' in me and someone told me it was simply old age creeping in; someone else told me it was the effect of menopause.

I used to be a highly analytical person and excellent at maths. Now someone gives me the cost of something and I can't even 'see' how much is that. I just open my purse and give them money and let them sort it out like a very old person.

But it goes further than that. My mind now remains mostly a clear blank screen. It scares me a little in that...what if I need some specific knowledge, how do I retrieve that? How do I get to where I need to go if I can't retain the direction? I am just stumbling through life.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  10:44:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey,

I do not know if it is the same for you as it was/is with me, but in certain moments when I have energetic activity inside, it is as if all I can do is just rest (space out) and not think.
It really takes energy to go back in time and find something in memory. Usually fear sets in, it is just that I am experienced with it now that the fear is almost gone.
In my case it is not, at least i think, kundalini induced. But it is still energy that has that effect, so I guess it could be the same (or at least similar) as is with you.
In any case, when there is fear present, for me it helps to get some space and then face everything inside.
That usually centers me, and my 'analytical' abilities come back. Actually, that helps always if I am successful . Not easily done though. When I feel that my energy is clear, no more problem with thinking. No more pressure, no more barriers.
For me it never really happened, that it wasn't energetically induced. And it happened a lot. That is why I believe that that is the sole cause for this. But I can only speak for myself.
First thing I look for is to get rid of fear. The rest is usually downhill from there.

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  10:55:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if this helps, but I think it is a phase of reprogramming going on, where we are learning to live from a place of peace and let go the stress based life we are so accustomed to. In the process, we "feel" we are forgetting things, but it is all there. The phase does pass, but it is helpful to write things down when going through this phase.

Mykal, what you describe is the phase I call "inward pull"... it is high energy pulling us in, not an overload, more like all the energy is being pulled in to work on something beyond our conscious understanding.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000