Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Cracking/popping in spine while practicing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shadix

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  3:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone!

Been doing AYP for almost a year now (steadily for a couple of months). I have had this interesting thing happen mostly every time I do spinal breathing and sometimes meditation.

When breathing "up my spine", I hear and feel a popping sound/sensation in or right near my spine(mostly around my upper back and sometimes neck). It feels almost exactly like cracking bones or when I get a massage and they work on knots. I hear it quite clearly and am pretty sure if someone put their ear to my spine they could hear it too. This can happen anywhere from a few to 20+ times in one session. There is no pain at all, and I do feel a sort of "opening" around the place where the sound/sensation comes from.

I could understand this happening while I stretch, but it happens when I am still and simply breathing very deeply. I believe what is going on is that the deep breathing is making my lungs more full, and thus pressing and cracking my spine (in a good way), but asked a few friends who meditate/do pranayama, and no one has felt this. Also, this is never mentioned in the lessons, to my knowledge.

I was just wondering if anyone else here can relate and shed some insight on this?

Thank you for reading.

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  06:12:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shadix,
Welcome to the forum. I can relate to it and I often get popping on my spine during Pranayama.But yes I just put it down to clearing of blockages for the prana to pass along the sushumna.
Go to Top of Page

nickyryuxx

France
9 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  12:30:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi!! It is happening to me as well. For 6 months I have a LOT of cracking at the heart and now behind the neck after meditation and pranayama.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2013 :  1:48:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
The cracking is simply energy clearing it's way through impurities in your nervouse system. Nothing to worry about.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000