Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 My own transcedental experience
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hipnotica

Lithuania
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  10:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys, the reason I came to this forum is to discover what have happened in 1 of my yoga sessions.

My friend is practicing yoga nidra + kriya yoga for 5 years. So he started introducing myself to yoga nidra.

We did around 10 yoga nidra sessions with alpha + delta binaural beats as a background.

The whole session lasted around 1 hour. My feelings were that my whole body is getting colder and colder, colder and colder and then i started breathing that pure coldness inside of me.

I was aware that I was making some sound when I breathe but I was breathing so easy, slow and so deep.

The more I was breathing that coldness energy the more I wanted more, i felt limitless when breathing it.

Its like I am breathing freedom + lightness + cold - it was so pure.

I felt how I am not conscious of the breathing process and going somewhere deeper, deeper and deeper - my friend tried to "wake me up" was shaking me physically - but i wasn't paying attention to it - i was still breathing so deep - then he started calling my name and shaking and when I came out of it i was all shaking. My hands were feeling as its burning with some flame which is 10-15 degrees all my face was shaking and tingling, when i came out of that experience i was breathing very deep and all shaking almost for a minute.

Also there were tears in my eyes.

What did I experience here?

If someone know please let me know.

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  8:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi hypnotica,

Welcome! From what you've stated, it was an energy experience. You were feeling prana. It can be felt in all sorts of ways. Your inner senses must be developing.

I've attended a yoga nidra class. I was shocked by how powerful it was. 10 sessions in a row sounds like a lot. If you are a beginner, you may want to slow down. The shaking could have been excess purification. Your friend was obviously worried.
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  09:24:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Hipnotica.

So what happened to you?

You entered into an altered state of awareness one that you may not be ready for as evidenced by what you have written.

What you experienced was a light state of Samadhi or approaching Samadhi as you were becoming more identified with the gross subtle body, which are the nadis, chakra system and movements of prana.

What you were breathing was Prana and in an unbalanced fashion, not good.

In fact the Prana was breathing you also not good in an uncontrolled uneducated manner.

The very fact that it was so cold indicates that there was imbalance in the energetic system. There are 3 main channels the two outer of hot and cold must be balanced and drawn into the center channel.

In true Pranayama the body and mind achieve a state that breathing is not needed for long periods of time and the heart will even stop.

In the Kriya tradition after the two outer channels have been balanced the knots of the two outer channels intersecting with the center channel opened by practice gradually over what may be years one enters into the center channel. There are degrees of open and then there is really open.

By the time this happens one has become proficient in the practices of Kriya to such an extent that they move the prana voluntarily even without the breath then an odd thing happens you find while in the breathless state which is a side effect of ecstasies developed from practices not a forced condition with absent heart beat that the prana has taken up a momentum of its own and that it has become preprogrammed to continue the pre-reverse route of Kriya on its own and Kundalini flows in the central channel on its own in the degree it is safe for one to experience.

In many energetic traditions one works their way into the states you have experienced gradually and safely, they learn to traverse the fields of the gross subtle body and become comfortable with doing so and the physical body changes over time to be able to handle it.

Even then there can be pain in the body and the mind as one carries back little by little more of the beyond into daily life.

It appears you may have even stimulated a little Kundalini response be careful with that it can cause damage in the body if not properly trained to include arthritis.

Another thing to realize is that you can damage your mind I have met people that have unbalanced themselves mentally and emotionally from going to far too fast.

Samadhi states and energy movements are not separable the danger is that your nervous system appears to not be conditioned enough by practice to take the flows you were experiencing or the lack of flow but accumulation as it appears may have been the case.

Tears in your eyes could be from many things including the physical bodies nervous systems response to trauma, or even things being released from the depths your mind you are not in a position to deal with yet.

I am not trying to scare you or discourage you from exploring but I would advise putting away the brain synchronization devices.

These operate on the same principal of a drug in other words you are not the one in control you are not the one who has experienced the practice required to enter these states voluntarily without an external means because of this it has not been the adaptive progress it needs to be.

You can train yourself to slowly be able to swim in freezing water but the untrained jumping into freezing water will likely go into shock and drown.

I am certain no one wants that kind of experience.

Do be careful and train yourself if you wan to continue there are many paths including Kriya that will take you there in a safe controlled manner and beyond.
Go to Top of Page

hipnotica

Lithuania
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2013 :  4:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much for the answer - now it makes all sense because right after when I "came back" from it i was gasping for air, also i felt that my palms and throat area have a sensation like there is burning a fire which is like 10-15.

I felt really incredible after I came back, basically 0 unnecessary thoughts, but i had pain in the right side of the head.

BTW my friend he has 2nd Kriya, from a master who meditates from 12 years old and now is 65 years, he said that when he meditates around him, his experiences much more stronger.

The way im doing Nidra is listening to the Alpha binaurals then Theta Binaurals and then last 15 min of meditation i listen to Delta Binaurals. Is that a right sequence?

Also what is the name of that "jump" when you jump into Yoga Nidra (conscious deep sleep)? So many times i cannot jump into there even if i meditate for 1 hour.

After that experience, i couldnt enter that state no matter what.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000