Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 The nature of miracles and divine intervention
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anahat

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2013 :  3:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello to everyone. My name is adam and I have been practicing ayp for about three years now. I have had tremendous results from these practices, everything that is mentioned in these lessons are true and backed by my own experiences and experimented effort. For that I give my respects to yogani and all other spiritual masters that have brought about the breathing, living, systems of yoga to the forefront of our evolution. a thousand times I give my gratitude.

My question is regarding what we deem as miraculous due to the nature of our practices. To give some background I used to follow spiritual paths based on occultism, magick, and modern paganism/witchcraft. I was fascinated with the ideas of manifestation and control of external circumstances thru metaphysical means. I collected spell books, tried to develop my psycic senses, tried in vain to astral project, all the while the other aspects of my life were not developing nor any of my pursuits. Ive never had real success in my endeavors for "power" This was about ten years of my life, I can go into more detail about certain experiences and insights that I had since, but ild like to move my inquiry along

After for sometime I met a person who would be my mentor in yoga. He introduced me to AYP and gave me personal coaching throughout the years. He introduced me to practices outside of the Ayp system as well that worked beautifully but I always preferred to stay with AYP, it always "felt right". Anyway one of the things that kept me going throughout Yoga was something he told me over and over, that if I maintained my practices everything in life would take care of itself.
He was right.

As I continued to meditate and breath prana through the sushumna, as I dwelled more and more in stillness and dropped my sutras, and above all trusted my life took care of itself.

I began to face each of my internal issues one by one, clearing them out and replacing them with abiding stillness. Peace, love, and compassion replaced years of fear, anger, and insecurity

A growing sense of connection to God began to sprout, and I could see him more and more each day, month, years as I continued to practice with no expectations

My relations with family and friends purified and my ability to give freely grew.

little by little but more and more, my desires began to manifest and fulfill themselves without me having to will anything to happen. No rituals or spells, no bell, book, or candle. I began to understand, as opposed to before, that the greatest power is to give in and surrender.

The quality of my living improved more and more and I can go on and on

Now the reason I ask my question here is because I am fascinated with the ideas of samyama as an instrument to which our inner universe and external universe cooperate. Yogani mentions that the principles of samyama are behind every good thing that happens in our lives. Ive also been reading Maharishi Mahesh yogis talk on TM and how by consistent contact with the unified field(inner abiding stillness) with our individual consciousness the whole of nature lends itself to the meditator and supports his endeavors through life by natural law.

In the bible it states to seek first the kingdom of heaven and all else shall be added upon you. In the gita Krishna states that to those devoted to him he preserves what they have and brings to them what they lack. Ive found all these principles to be true in my practice. And like I said before, im not striving to control the flow of my life Im simply giving myself in.

I guess what I really wanted to ask is, is anyone else experiencing this aswell? Has anyone else experienced what seems to me as divine intervention? Is anyone else experiencing miracles, doesn't have be highly advanced siddhis, but seeing a higher consciousness hold you up and support you? And why does this work over anything else?

Not even "the Secret" worked as good as surrendering to stillness in mediation, or applying samyama. I guess even to this day im still shocked at the amount of grace that has poured forth and I wanna know if anyone else is having the same for themselves. Grace, a beautiful thing

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2013 :  6:59:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, what a story, man. Awesome, awesome. Thanks for sharing.

I've also been practicing AYP for about 3 years now, and I've had similar results. The rhythm of samyama is the icing on the cake. Actually, it's much more than the icing--it's a core, fundamental, substantial ingredient. It's like the cake batter, and inner silence is the whipping tool to stir up the pot.

All I can say is that a small stream of miracles is flowing constantly, and these miracles often manifest in my relationships with other sublime people who come along the way. One affirmation after another. Sometimes I just start laughing for no reason other than the mere joy of how amazingly unified this field of consciousness is. It's all tied together. All linked up. All plugged in to the socket of infinity.

It's unpredictable, it's surprising, it's real. Good essences give birth to good form. Good thoughts give birth to good action.

Keep on rockin', bro! Don't look back.
Go to Top of Page

Anahat

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  2:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeaaah buddy!! it really is fun watching everything unfold in a natural manner from stillness. ive had days where all I did was sit on my couch and just sat there in the pure bliss of being. Doing NOTHING but just BEING, feeling completely content with all the circumstances of life. Granted that is one of many passing experiences that you don't essentially hold onto, but you enjoy it for what it is, like enjoying a gardenia bud in full bloom knowing it will wilt in its proper time. I swear I wake up with greater gratitude everyday, for everything in my life, and for this grace. I wish this bliss for everyone
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  3:11:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I've had this same thing happen to me. It works over anything else because this is how things were meant to be from the very beginning, and our ego-driven mind has interfered, all the while telling us that everything else is the problem, and showing us "proof" that everything else is the problem. You can see where the concept of "the devil" came from. Not only was the problem ours to begin with, but not really that hard to let go of.

It gives you the same things as bell, book, and candle, but you don't have to spend all that energy wondering what it is you really want, because it's already built inside you.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  4:18:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, Adam. I also began to wonder about the Craft and how egotistical it is. Egotism is not for me anymore. Im surrendering everything to my Ishtas. Only they know the truth of my modalities.

Love and Light
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  9:49:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anahat

ive had days where all I did was sit on my couch and just sat there in the pure bliss of being. Doing NOTHING but just BEING, feeling completely content with all the circumstances of life.

Yes! Golden daydream. I like to call that state of being "contemplative wandering", where I just let my mind stretch and stretch with its awareness of abiding acceptance--recognizing that all is in divine order. Ups and downs, strikes and gutters, successes and failures...all these fluctuations are just very small waves on a much deeper ocean.

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

apatride

New Caledonia
94 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2013 :  12:30:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit apatride's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, I can't relate to that yet, but it sure fules my bhakti!
9 months AYPing and still rolling

Thanks for sharing, all of you
Go to Top of Page

Anahat

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  3:19:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
all I can say is continue your practice, no expectations, acting out of love for your highest ideal or at the very least out of duty to yourself and your inward and upward evolution. First year or two can be a little tough with the clunky stages and the initial layers of obstructions that you are encountering. I had to fight through layers of rough patches and experience some lows upon coming out of meditation, excessive purification. but after a while the rays of the sun would shine through the once overcast sky, little by little, but more so in time. I still have my patches of clouds, they're never fully gone but that's okay, as time passes and we become stable in our practice the sun will shine like a summer sky.

no matter where you are in your own practice, please be kind to yourself. what your doing is very real, and possibly one of the most important things you can ever hope to do in your lifetime. Honor your practice for its the key to the infinite inside your heart. Consider it a privilege that you have a practice in this lifetime. remember that each time you sit down and practice.

much love

Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  4:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anahat
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  5:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anahat

Thanks very much for sharing such a beautiful experience. I am going through the journey as initially it was very rough now things are getting better with self pacing.

Cheers

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

apatride

New Caledonia
94 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  5:49:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit apatride's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Anahat
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  6:40:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anahat,

Thanks, I needed that.
Go to Top of Page

Arman

Australia
47 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  4:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I too have come to recognize and am slowly being dissolved in the constant stream of miracles and reassurance from the universe. I used to struggle with how it could all be from one unified source but a few nights ago it kind of just clicked into place how it only makes sense that it would be an ever expanding self-aware intelligence. All my life I couldn't grip how it could be, now I cannot fathom how it could not be. It is the nature of high order to be love and bliss, and it is the nature of bliss to want to share bliss.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  03:32:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Arman

I too have come to recognize and am slowly being dissolved in the constant stream of miracles and reassurance from the universe. I used to struggle with how it could all be from one unified source but a few nights ago it kind of just clicked into place how it only makes sense that it would be an ever expanding self-aware intelligence. All my life I couldn't grip how it could be, now I cannot fathom how it could not be. It is the nature of high order to be love and bliss, and it is the nature of bliss to want to share bliss.

Namaste, Arman.

My version of the Upanishads describes this as anandam, or the pure joy of life or Being. This is All, or Brahman, the undifferentiated past, present, and future cosmos, as well as all possible modalities, as I see it. Any word or concept is merely representational to mind, however.

Love and Light
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000