Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Shifting to 2nd Mantra Enhancement - Advice?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2013 :  9:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The idea of adding a mantra enhancement to AYP "I Am" had never crossed my mind, I'd really forgotten altogether about the enhancement (I don't think I've read the articles about enhancements for over 2 years), so I was very surprised yesterday when during DM a new mantra automatically came into the meditation process.

The mantra was very similar to the 2nd mantra enhancement, what came up was "Shree Om Om I Am, I Am". It was as though it had been beamed into my head. I decided to go with it.

For the next 18 hours the sense of a separate self all but disappeared, and intense harmony, love and oneness was experienced. For some reason, the purification capacity of this nervous system seems to have dramatically increased since in the last year my identity has gradually shifted fairly [I don't want to jinx it - who knows what is around the corner that could trigger losing myself in identification] solidly to formless awareness, and identification with body-mind has fallen off. I'm not sure why this is, but it seems that as purification arises in the body-mind, that the purification symptoms get drawn out into the pure stillness that I Am, and then dissolved there.

This is as opposed to before, when identification was heavy, the symptoms would just be stuck buzzing around in the body-mind, feeling that it was separate, and often starting thought streams like "I am overloading".

Any thoughts here on going with this new mantra from now on? I have never even implemented the 1st mantra enhancement, and so I will proceed with extreme caution.

I'm keen to here advice from others. Thank you.

Love

Edited by - mr_anderson on Sep 08 2013 9:30:06 PM

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2013 :  11:18:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am on the 2nd enhancement, currently. Been using that everyday now for about a year. But...I had prematurely jumped from the 1st enhancement to the 2nd enhancement about 1.5 years ago and was getting blasted like a blowtorch. So I backed off and waited until there was a smooth, serene intuition nudging me forward. And even then, I waited a little longer (another month maybe), just to make doubly sure I wasn't shifting too fast into higher gear...'cause I have a little speed demon in me. ("Nice little speed demon, nice little speed demon," I say as I pet him...)

Now, it is pretty smooth sailing and the resonance of the extra syllables--long live the mother Om!--is definitely paying off. I play music on a regular basis, so I have great appreciation and gratitude for the play of these inner harmonics, and Yogani has chosen wisely in this progression, this crescendo, this movement of dissolving tones.

So, wait 'til you have that comfortable, stable assurance before you press the gas pedal, but when the Muse is calling, let her fly, I say!

Godspeed on your journey, mate.

Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  08:30:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
haha thx. Yeah I may just see how I go with the 1st enhancement for a while.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  10:03:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Using the original one here, since the learning of meditation with a mantra still feels new as if I haven't 'got it' yet for it to take me beyond silence and the mantra itself.

Surely, it still must happen at some point, but if it did it would be in micro-units of time as in the transition to and from being absorbed in daydreams-with-mantra where time accelerates. In the past, with breath meditation, if I were tired enough and it was much too late at night, I would have the falling sensation into hypnagogic imagery, with a constant jolt every time as my body alerted me I'm not in a safe stationary position. Combining that with lying down, and one is off into the body-asleep realm.

So between the former and latter extremes, I'm still trying to discover where the in-and-out purifying effect is meant to fit in. The low footprint of the original mantra should be best for this purpose, as much as I'd like to get to "Om" and "Shree" as well, since then there would be certainty of using them to their fullest. To me, then, the in-and-out purifying is a priority over the mantric resonance.

Recent excursions into trance (outside practice) has made for a much faster transition, so maybe the veil between waking and sleep, alpha and theta has become 'thinner,' if there is such a thing, with twice-daily mantra meditation. To me this is very good, since I have trouble keeping awareness & intention subtle enough and diminishing to pass through. But I have to test it out much more, and it's slow going since a regular sleep schedule is so important to maintain, and time is so short.

Speaking here more for myself than anything, but on topic: I've been reminded before, and it's appreciated, that I'm looking too much under the hood, and not enough to its effects in daily life. I completely agree, in that 'checking in' stalls things, and done sparingly enough to me is worth the bit of loss. But I see it instead as a balance that works in harmony with itself, understanding and application, leaning back to be able to step forward. Optimizing I see as a part of self-directed nature of practice, of finding out how to push ahead or ease back when necessary. To some, they get plenty of push, while others like myself must find out how to add more within realistic time frames without risk of missing out or of interfering with the basic principles on which everything depends. It's easy to think the answer is just add more AYP practices, or do more rounds of what you're already doing, but there's more to it than falling in the trenches of linear thinking, as the lessons indicate and hint at with clarity.

I can't comment on the overloading overhead since I've never experienced any.

The regular enhancements are on an aggressive schedule as compared with the alternate enhancements. The analogy of switching gears I take to be about the footprint of going inwards, to slow the progression and therefore widen what could be called the veil between the inner and outer. The regular one has more resonance from more syllables and earlier introduction of "Om," but almost as wide a footprint (length) at the 2nd. So by skipping the first enhancement, even if it can be made more gentle as with the alternate route, there's still a dramatic and sudden widening.

I take it that you want to go with your customized mantra, and not with a second enhancement. If you feel it is the one to go with, and you have some handle on the effects of mantras, then you'd have to be confident enough to commit to it, since we already know about the drawbacks of changing 'gears' often. I'd be very interested to know what you decide or how it goes with it, since it's interesting to have high resonance with a minimal footprint along what came out to you in meditation.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  10:19:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mr Anderson and All:

There is also the alternate progression of mantra enhancements here: http://www.aypsite.org/369.html

Always your call, with self-pacing, of course. All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  10:50:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

After careful consideration, my heart is telling me to go with SHREE OM SHREE OM I AM I AM NAMAH, and I think I will likely do this just once per day and breath meditation in the evenings. I think the mantra that was beamed into my head was more of an indicator to review the AYP mantra enhancements than a customized fit for me (to be honest, I didn't write down what was beamed into me, I know it contained Shree, I Am, and Om - but in what order I can't remember - what I wrote above was an approximation).

Did SHREE OM SHREE OM I AM I AM NAMAH this morning and its effect was approximately similar. I've always felt most comfortable doing AYP just once per day in the morning, and breath meditation in the evenings. That tends to bring the smoothest balance of purification for me, and avoid me being too 'high' to go to sleep. So I will use the above mantra, once per day, and breath meditation in the evenings. I feel that the body-mind is ready for a carefully regulated amount of that mantra (there's a strong desire to have an inclusion of both Shree and Om), it seems to be dissolving separation on an entirely new, and deeply beautiful, level.

Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for all the input Yogani, Aum, Bodhi.

Love,

Josh

Edited by - mr_anderson on Sep 09 2013 10:53:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  1:40:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Follow your bliss, and please do report back.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  1:56:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AumNaturel, thank you for the reminder to not get too lost under the hood, and to find the benefits more in daily life than within the confines of the practice. That is something I'm constantly remembering.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2013 :  10:34:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Josh,

It's great to hear the recent change--it seems to be a sea change, for good! Happy for you man!
I tried to add on the 1st enhancement several times. And my experience tells me to be aware of the possible daily, added effect as the mantra refines and starts to gain its full power in the system. But everybody is different. And the witness really helps to stablize.
Hope it's a smooth ride, and speedy!

Phil
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2013 :  11:12:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot Phil, appreciate it! I've actually ended up staying with "I Am" for now, it was too much, to fast.

Things are moving along just fine though.

Wish you the best brother! Miss having you around NY.

Josh
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  10:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Josh,
do you mean you ended up using "I AM" (therefore stops DM) or ended up using the 2nd enhancement (i.e. back to "I AM")?
I can see things are doing well....happy for you...Yea, it'd be great to hang out together sometimes in NYC or somewhere else.

Phil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000