New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2013 :  08:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bodhi: I'll start preparing my campaign lol.
Yes, I was a little overwhelmed with an ecstatic state yesterday

Kami:

quote:
What seems true to me at the moment is that enlightenment/self-realization or even great spiritual advancement means nothing if our "house isn't in order", where we continue to have hang-ups about relationships, intimacy, love, poverty/not having enough money, co-workers, cancer, parents, brother, sister, healthcare, government, policy, gluten, whatever. It is so easy to try to separate the two - a "spiritual" side with mystical powers or knowledge and a "non spiritual" side with a whole closet of "stuff", and bypass or glaze over all those parts of ourselves, make elaborate and very "spiritual" excuses for them or to not acknowledge them at all. There is simply no aspect that can be ignored or disowned simply because it doesn't neatly fit into our idea of spiritual attainment. The proof, as they say, is in the pudding. And the pudding is whether we live our lives in complete integrity, baring it all.

Absolutely agree with you here.

Love all you guys,

Josh

Edited by - mr_anderson on Sep 07 2013 12:26:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2013 :  10:57:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Parallax

Hey Chas!

How are you my brother?

I don't think roles are a problem; i was more alluding to the attitude/intention that I sometimes bring to these spiritual discussions...am I really open to learning and willing to let go of my preconceived notions or did I come with the intention of demonstrating my level of experience and defending "my" PoV. I would find myself mentally dissecting other people's viewpoints looking for points where I thought they were wrong...which didnt leave space for openness

I recently reread Zen Mind, Beginners Mind and liked the line that was someing like "in the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts mind there are few" . I wanted to be an expert, someone who knew...sometimes I still do

And to be clear I am just speaking to the noticing of my own tendencies with some of these things

I've already said too much

Love ya bro

Hi Parallax

You were/are very clear, my apologies for the brevity of my previous post. I have some issues with communication, especially while typing on my phone No disagreement here. What you said is similar/same as what I meant about getting caught up. I agree with what you said, but wanted to throw the role point out in addition. As with you, I'm noticing my tendencies, and in my case, in addition to what you've pointed out very well, there can be a tendency to see an issue and then over correct the other way or draw some inaccurate conclusion(s), etc.. anyhow, just wanted to clarify that. It looks like we are on the same page. Hope all is well with you.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000