Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Do you notice this?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  10:27:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Friends,

When I start feeling i'm rushing through the practices. I'll skip a day or two. The meditation feels peaceful and steady after the break.

Just curious to see if anyone has the same experience. I've had to cut down to once daily meditation due to some overload symptoms. I just want to make sure I'm not slowing down the process.

Sunyata

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2013 :  10:21:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sunyata,

It's rare I miss a whole day for whatever reason, but when I am unable to do a second session, the one following does feel better.

I can't help but relate it to the tantric principle of brahmacharya where it seems as if there is a greater abundance and enhanced energy sensitivity (defined here in my experience as the responsiveness of SBP sensations to attention and breath) at the start of a new phase, even though the lessons remind us that it is the result of the preceding tantric practices. So the reason why a return to sitting practice might feel better after a short pause might very likely be because of the ongoing momentum, and not the pause itself.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2013 :  10:17:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Generally practice feels better when it's being carefully self-paced. I find a similar thing. Less is often more when it comes to powerful practices.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000