Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 mantra meditation vs breath meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

harmony

Hong Kong
18 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2013 :  10:53:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit harmony's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm sure this topic has been discussed extensively here already and I would really welcome links to relevant threads or lessons that can help with my question:

Mantra meditation, one might say is mind stuff, and while engaged in activity of the mind it may be harder to transcend mind and reach higher levels.

Breath meditation , specifically the practice of witnessing the flow of breath and it's natural flow at the tip of the nostrils brings about a synchronicity (for me) which helps me transcend to higher states of consciousness.

I love AYP, but I feel the mantra based DM technique makes transcending to higher states harder than pure breathe based techniques.

I could abandon the AYP DM technique entirely and just focus on alternative breath based techniques, but I do feel that I am missing something here and would love to get some advise or suggested readings on this topic.

With best wishes.

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2013 :  12:47:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think this will answer your questions.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=13154
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2013 :  12:52:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Harmony,

are you familiar with the search function at the top right of this page, under the AYP Support Forums title? I've tried the words 'mantra vs breath' with the 'Search for all Words' checked, and on the single page of results, 6 topics come up that cover the same question. Maybe one of those will be helpful.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2013 :  1:30:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000