Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Sparks of light
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Whoziz

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2013 :  9:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Since I began meditating (for the second time) I have been seeing sparks of light in my mind's eye at various times - not only during meditation. This also occurred when I was previously meditating. There has been a period of a few years between the two when I wasn't meditating and they did no occur. I'm wondering if these sparks have any significance or if they are merely some kind of diversion my ego or imagination has devised to distract me. Thank you for your response. Jacquie

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2013 :  04:27:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Whoziz,

Welcome to the forum

On the perception of sparks of light in the mind's eye: Such perceptions are common in DM. They are early signs of opening to inner experience. Let them be an encouragement to keep on practicing. They come and go. They may or may not be accompanied with a bodily felt sense of energy movement. They may be taken as symptoms of inner purification. I find sparks of light peasant and relaxing, like watching an inner fire, or an inner night sky.

During DM, as with any "scenery" the practice is to gently, easily favor the mantra.

Go to Top of Page

Whoziz

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2013 :  3:01:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you bewell - it's always comforting to know this is a natural sign and not something I should worry about. I very much appreciate your response.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000