Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Which practices ok to do in fever etc.?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sshubh

India
14 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2013 :  11:54:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
I wanted to check (in case a need arises) which practices out of Asana Routine as given in 'Easy Lessons...' vol1 book, SB, Dynamic Jalandhara, Yoni Mudra can be done in temporary ailments like fever, cold etc.

Are there any specific Pranayama/Bundha which will accelerate the curative process?

I hope meditation would be helpful anyway in all situations.

Thanks in advance.

--shubh

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  10:28:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As we progress, most common ailments like fevers, colds don't happen often.
Fevers, colds, headaches, stomach upsets, that seem like just normal minor ailments may actually be physical symptoms of purification (the purging of something). To me, if they are not debilitating, I continue with practices as usual (but each of us have to find our own limits and balance), and the symptoms add their own limitations, like I don't think you could do dynamic chin pump with a head cold or headache, or pranayama with a stuffy nose.

So respect what limits you body is adding and do what you can easily do. Drinking plenty of water and taking a lot of rest during these phases are very useful. At times, you may sit for meditation and feel like you cant do it, just lie down and take rest through the session.

Pay attention to and respect what your body is telling you, during phases of purification and/or physical illness and in our every day life.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000