Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Ok to do Dynamic Jalandhara before SB?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sshubh

India
14 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2013 :  11:48:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
I am following this sequence in practice for sometime:
Dynamic Jalandhara, Spinal Breathing, Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka, Meditation.

The only change i did from standard sequence is on DJ. Doing DJ just before meditation was causing me to take time to go in meditation; that's why i moved it to the very first place.
Till now, i have not seen any bad effects with this sequence.
Can senior members comment on whether there is long term risk with this?

Thank you very much.

--sshubh

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  10:13:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My guess is, it is suggested in that sequence as spinal breathing awakens the energies gently, then Chin pump etc. uses this energy to power wash the nervous system ... then meditation takes all of this into inner silence.
But if you feel it is disrupting your meditation, you can change the sequence. Meditation is the most important practice here. However, if it takes you 2-3 min more to go into meditation (which could be because more stuff is being shaken out of the nervous system), if you follow the sequence mentioned in the book, then give it a try for a bit more and go with what is suggested in the lessons.

In other words, play around with the sequence a bit to see if you can stick with the original sequence, if not, go with what works for you.
Wish you all the best!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000