Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Cleansing of Nadis(Spinal Nerves)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pranavhs30

India
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2013 :  11:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
When I read yoga books, the very first advice given is Nadi Shuddhi(Nadi Cleansing).. It is said that until the nadis become completely pure, the process of kundalini rising is almost stunted. Can you please suggest some advanced cleansing techniques Yogani? I would like to make my etheral body pure first and then attempt to awaken kundalini. Your help is appreciated.
Thank You

SwamiX

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2013 :  12:41:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Pranavhs30,
All of the techniques outlined in AYP promote purification of the nadis. Deep meditation is a process of global purification. When I was meditating earlier tonight and felt the sensations of warmth and coolness rising in my back, this was purification taking place.

Spinal breathing is a pranayama technique that deepens meditation and promotes purification - by fostering a slow and gentle awakening of kundalini (ecstatic conductivity).

So, if you follow the methods outlined in AYP (with a constant eye on self pacing so you don’t promote more purification than you can handle at a given time), you will be purifying the nadis in a deep and systematic way.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2013 :  09:05:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the AYP forums Pranavhs30!

SwamiX has given you great advice (and belated welcome to the AYP forums SwamiX )

If you would be interested, start here :http://www.aypsite.org/10.html
As SwamiX said, start with Deep Meditation http://www.aypsite.org/13.html, then when ready add http://www.aypsite.org/41.html . Both of these are designed to purify the nadis, the nervous system. There are many other techniques in the lessons that follow.. so keep reading and keep practicing. Wish you all the best!

Go to Top of Page

Pranavhs30

India
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2013 :  12:32:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks SwamiX.. I'll do that then :)
Go to Top of Page

Pranavhs30

India
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2013 :  12:35:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also, How long have you been practicing meditation now? How long did it take for you to experience the heat and cold sensations near your spine?
Go to Top of Page

SwamiX

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  1:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Pranavhs30,

I have been meditating for four 1/2 years, and using the spinal breathing (SB)off and on for about a year and half. I first noticed the warmth in my back when I started doing the SB. But the warm sensation carries over into meditation pretty quickly, so that I noticed it even when doing only the meditation. The sensation of coolness has been noticeable for the last few months - I gather it indicates a higher level of purification is going on.

SB is a very powerful technique and, it least in my case, can lead to overload (excessive purification) pretty quickly. So after doing it for a few weeks I often drop back to just meditation while things smooth out and calm down. Lately, I have been doing just two or three rounds of SB before I meditate to see if that works better for me.

- I hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

Pranavhs30

India
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  9:18:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot SwamiX.. I started SB a couple of months back. Just after the first week, I started experiencing a severe pain in my back near my hips. The pain was too much to tolerate. I stopped it and contacted Yogani via email. He replied saying it was common and that I've to learn to ground myself and take it slowly. I stopped Sb for 2 months after that and started it again. Within a week of that, I got the same pain back at my hips. It actually feels as though your backbone is about to crumble. Soon after that I got high fever! The pain was again too much to tolerate, so I quit and started doing "twin hearts meditation". I really want to get back to SB now. I dont care about the pain :)
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  10:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, please don't go back to SpB if the pain is that severe. Why not do alternate nostril breathing. It can be a step toward SpB. It really is not an all or nothing process... so don't force anything. Or do just a couple of rounds of SpB and then slowly build on it. As you increase, if the pain reappears, then back off or cut back. That is what we call self pacing.

Also, try some asanas, that may help loosen the blocks in that area.

Do you practice deep meditation? That too does a lot in loosening blocks.

Wish you all the best. Hope this block dissolves soon and with very little discomfort.
Much love!
Go to Top of Page

Pranavhs30

India
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  12:45:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I dont do deep meditation.. The thing is, I got involved with too many techniques from too many teachers and started trying everything without focusing on one. I'll have to learn not to do that :) Thanks a lot Shanti

Light and Love
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000